What was the last kid friendly vacation you took?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by EPThorn, Apr 7, 2011.

1. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

and how was it?
    I have a 2 and 4 year old (also a 4 month old but will probably leave with grandma) and am looking to plan a trip soon and would like to hear about others vacations.

2. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Mine are 19 and 20 so I barely remember 2 and 4, but at that age we would probably have chosen the beach. They are too young to appreciate Wallyworld or something culturally enriching. Lots of good fun at that age building and smashing sand castles and seeing all the little beach critters. Might even catch a few fish off of a dock. Haven't spent much time there - only enough to know I have no desire to return to Galveston, but the Kids enjoyed Moody Gardens and the rain forest there.

Seaworld from a base at the Hill Country Hyatt in SA comes to mind.

3. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

Our vacation with our then 2 and 3 year olds last summer was to Galveston. We stayed at Pointe West Resort, renting a private condo. Overall it was very enjoyable. Quiet groomed beach, two pools, on site restaurant and bar, lazy river thing, lots of stuff for the kids to do. On the cons side, the mosquitoes were awful around the grounds (but they disappeared at the beach proper) and it was a 30 minute drive into Galveston to do any of the stuff there ( Moody, Schlitterbahn, etc.). We'd do it again though.

4. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

Playa del carmen last year with 2 and 5 yr old. Going in June with 3 and 6 yr old. Good times!

5. bradford702

bradford702 100+ Posts

Second Playa Del Carmen last summer, the Barcelo Maya Colonial to be exact. Son 8 yrs old Daughter 7 yrs old. Everyday spent by the pool on the ocean doing nothing. We did go zip lining at Xplor and had a blast.

6. Bluff Horn

Bluff Horn 250+ Posts

Beach every year. Snow skiiin during spring break this year. Kid is 6