What will it take for Shaka to survive this year?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by horn by commitee, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

So the Abilene Reporter News doesn't count as major media?:smokin:

"I guess there's hunting in Indiana." Just an FYI, I'm not a deer guy myself, but I've heard deer hunters say Southern Illinois and Southern Indiana rank up there with Pennsylvania and Western New York State as this country's best deer hunting. Plentiful in numbers and enormous in size.

I agree with some who think Beard may choose to remain the well-appreciated king of his own small(er) domain--like Patterson at TCU.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  2. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

With what Tech is doing to Sparty right now, Beard will own Lubbock

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Izzo just said "the tougher team won." That says a lot folks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Meanwhile we are stuck with Shaka. I dont know what Beard thinks about Texas but hes being a good coach by focusing on his team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Tech is mentally and physically tough and are coached to be that way. Texas is not mentally and physically tough and they are coached to be that way. Winning the Jv tourney was nice for what it was, but it doesn’t change what Texas was during the year, especially down the stretch when it counted most.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

To me, Smart does less with more than most coaches in the country. With a very talented roster this year, a lottery pick and a
    nice balance of Bigs, ball handlers and shooters, his team played .500 ball and failed to make the tournament.

I like Smart, just like I liked Strong. Strong showed us nothing in three years, and Smart has underachieved badly in four.

He may turn it around next year but frankly I don’t see how. That is, unless he dramatically changes how he coaches. And that’s the issue. The dude can recruit, but so far at Texas, we haven’t seen that he can coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Luke Walton is available.

Magic Johnson stepped down as well.

The Lakers, 3rd straight losing season and lack of post season play.

With Magic Johnson in the front office, Luke Walton in the suit on the court, and recent addition of LBJames.

And they couldn't pull off a winning season.