Whataburger vs Inn and Out

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by theiioftx, Sep 17, 2014.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nash,

No TexMex in El Paso can compare to Roscoe's. Great burger, but your clothes will smell like grease when you leave.

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Before it closed Hamburger Inn was the best hamburger/hotdog place - ever. They made the real ‘smash’ burger before it was a thing and they did the Mexican hotdog, spliced on a hamburger bun with beans, pickle and green chile, powerful stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Twisted Root (a handful of DFW locations) makes a good burger, and oooooooooohhhhhhhh those fries... :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Back to the original post--Whataburger stores are less consistent than they used to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chop,

Whataburger has changed vendors at some locations - Switching from Sysco to McLane. They have become totally inconsistent and unreliable.

On a related note, I received an email survey from Whataburger HQ two weeks ago. Questions about "social responsibility". Questions like which chain is more receptive to LGBTQ (?) needs and wants. My response was less than cordial, but assured them I would start asking all their employees their race, heritage, and sexual proclivities before placing my order.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Had to see that coming when a Chicago company bought them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HIC,

You won't be upset by too much seasoning. They have become about as bland as you can find. They are focusing on fru-fru burgers - stuff like avocado green chili cheese burgers.

For several years I have had their sausage & biscuit for breakfast. Since turning it over to McLane, sausage is fairly tasteless and biscuit is more crumbs than biscuit.

I do find it humorous that they have built a new "customer service call center" in Atlanta - closest Whataburger is Tallahassee and none of people have ever been to much less eaten a Whataburger. Next step has to be call center to Manila.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sabre, Tallahassee is much better than Quezon City.

• Winner Winner x 1