Whataburger

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by kevinmal, Mar 1, 2008.

1. BoogityBoy

BoogityBoy 250+ Posts

2. toughandcool

toughandcool 100+ Posts

I don't care for it.

3. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

4. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

i think i;ll swing by and try one of those BBQ chedder burgers.

Mac... i'll let you know how it is. [​IMG]

5. Z_Horn

Z_Horn 25+ Posts

How often do they change items? They're chaning items every month now.

6. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

If Vince Young went to Whataburger wearing a wolf shirt, would the time-space continuum collapse on itself or explode?

7. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

Whataburger made stuttering cool again.

For those of us with no Whataburger, give Five Guys a try. Damn good burger.

8. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

9. NativeTXchic

^
    ^
    heeeeyyyyy.... I like it, most of the time. The burgers are good too, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they're as good as Dans/Frans.

10. KingKoopa

KingKoopa 250+ Posts

has anyone else noticed that, even though whataburger is always excellent, about one in five to seven times it is amazing? i don't know what it is (and no, it's not because i'm drunk on the fifth time)

11. TexasIsBetter

TexasIsBetter 100+ Posts

12. wedgie

wedgie 100+ Posts

Today I have the worse hangover than I have probably had in 10 or 15 years.

Double meat and cheese, fries and big *** ice tea sound good. That along with one or two hair of the dogs before hand.

I'll be sleeping like a baby by 8:00pm and wake up fresh and alive at 6:00 tomorrow morning. DOH!

13. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

I have noticed the last 4 or 5 times I have had Whataburger is was epically disappointing. Sorry to say it, but it is not at all how I remember it. Even worse I swear the last few times I have been to Jack in the Box my burger has been better than the last many I have had at Whataburger. I hate this development, and find it disturbing. What to do!!!!!!

14. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

My last two visits to the new William Cannon / Mopac location have been subpar. Very disappointed in the Honey BBQ Chicken Strip sandwich and had a overly salty bacon cheeburger on successive trips.

15. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

I decided to give it one more shot too see if it could break out of the recent slump. I went last night and powered up a double meat with cheese and onion rings. Onion rings were not rings, but a bunch of pieces with soft soggy batter. The meat was flavorless, tomatos soggy, and just generally a sub par burger. It was on par with McDonald's which I believe to be the worst food experience on the planet.

16. Vicerous

Vicerous 100+ Posts

I sure miss the BBQ Chicken Sandwich, even if I had to wait 15 minutes for it. Is it just me or is there always a line 6 cars long at the Oltorf location?

17. NativeTXchic

18. wedgie

wedgie 100+ Posts

I do drive up, two or three times a month, at the either the WB on N Lamar by the DPS or the one on Anderson Lane. Both are still treating me right.

19. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

20. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

A-1 T&H for the win!

21. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

22. NativeTXchic

So I'm heading to WB Sunday morning, since I was hungover, and usually a cheeseburger and lg Dr. Pepper always hit the spot. As I'm going to the one off Wm Cannon/35.... the damn thing is closed for remodeling! I was pissed. I refuse to go to McD's or Burger King, both of which SUCK ***! I ended up going to Wendy's, and it was cold, bun was soaked by the tomatoes, pickles and everything else. Shoulda went to Dans or Frans! Damnit!!! [​IMG]

23. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

If I could wrap a wild college weekend into a smell it would be the one that Sunday morning where you woke up still drunk and as soon as you wiped your face to make sure you're still alive (and your buddies didn't make an ash tray outta your face) you immediately got smacked in the face with the stale aroma of beer, cigarettes, (sometimes) dried up liquid, lady vazsh and a Whataburger #2 with extra onions.

And believe me, I ALWAYS knew it was Whataburger without having to step on a wrapper 1st. [​IMG]

24. The Muzzler

The Muzzler 100+ Posts

Need to open a branch in Doha, Qatar........no bacon of course!

25. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

26. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Stat speaks the truth.

27. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

They had a single Whataburger serving Baylor all 4 years I was there. The person dumb enough to stay sober normally got nominated to go and spend 30 minutes idling in that damn line to order like 20 breakfast burritos at 3:30 AM.
    In Austin, I always used Jimmy John's instead, because those guys can create a sandwich in just under a minute. The employee conversations were also cool....one night I heard them discuss the places that a Scottish werewolf would hide (since they are normally associated with ambushing people and it is difficult to do so in such open country).