Whatcha cooking this Labor Day?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Jeevsie, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

Gimme some ideas!

2. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Saturday schedule:
    7:00 am Liverpool v. Derby County; Mimosas/Bloody Mary's
    9:00am Migas tacos for breakfast
    10:00am Throw ribs on smoker
    11:00am: Fantasy football draft
    4:00pm Arkie St. @ Texas

3. GrahamCracker

GrahamCracker 25+ Posts

4. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

saturday:

green hatch chile cheeseburgers and taylor meat market sausage wraps with grilled onions and sweet & hot peppers out by the pool with the early games on the tv on the patio, leave for bevo blvd and dkr ~4

sunday:

brisket, pot of sweet & smoky jalapeno pinto beans, jar of city market sauce brought from my last trip there on the table

monday:

baby backs, hatch green chile mac & cheese, and smoked mozzerella, basil & tomato salad w/ balsamic sauce

pwning

5. wedgie

wedgie 100+ Posts

6. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

Sat I drove to Austin and had Manuel's Mole Enchis for lunch and a burger at ZTejas after the game.

Sunday I had three lattes at Medici for breakfast, (seriously the best cup of coffee I've ever had).

I drove back to Houston and had sushi for a late lunch. Roast beef sammy for dinner, (tri-tip from Whole Foods deli).

Today I'm grilling T-Bones. That Hatch Pepper Mac and Cheese someone mentioned above sounds great; I think I'm doing that. Fried okra, probably.

[​IMG]

7. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I put an 18 lb brisket on the smoker last night at about 8:45, and stuck it in the oven this morning after 13 hours on the smoke. I'll do a couple of beer can chickens later on this afternoon, and then we're having a family feast, in-laws and all.