What'd you do your senior year in H.S.?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by I_Live_In_OK, Jan 21, 2008.

1. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

So I'm in my last semester of high school. I got all my scholarships and applications sent in and planned for housing, books, etc. for college w/ my counselors. It's scary to think about (college) but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Anyways, senior year has been fun. Worthless, but entertaining nonetheless. Here's my schedule this spring:

1st class - photography lab aid
    2nd class - newspaper
    3rd class - honors english IV
    4th class - tennis

I basically have one class that requires real work on a daily basis. I'm gonna have to work hard to keep my senioritis in check but already a couple weeks in and I've ditched a third of my classes, got a fine for driving my bro's car and parking it at school and am thinking about quitting tennis so I can slack off the entire afternoon.

I'm also thinking about skipping my senior prom so I can go watch our baseball games. Basically I am going to jack around the rest of my senior year and have fun (before I do all that in college). What was your senior year like? Was it as craptacularly awesome as mine is?

2. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I drank a lot.

3. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

4. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

My second semester, I literally skipped school every Wednesday.

I'd go to class Monday and Tuesday, take Wednesday off, then go to class Thursday and Friday.

It was allsome.

Only one of my teachers noticed the pattern, and I told her she was just jealous, and she laughed.

5. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

Partied.

i don't remember studying for anything.

6. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

45 absences in my first period AP Physiology class spring semester senior year. good times. still passed.

7. Bevo04

Bevo04 100+ Posts

8. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

Not much. Booze and hanging out with friends and the girl I was dating at the time. Skipped a lot of school because I had an easy schedule and the teachers didn't care if I showed up or not.

9. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

AP Calculus, AP Government/AP Econ, AP Computer Science II (for a semester)/Humanities, Honours Physics, AP English then I didn't have a class my last period so I got out early.. I also remember making time to make out with 3 girls from the girls bball team. I wonder if I ever got mentioned in the locker room..

10. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Maybe I went to the wrong high school but I had a **** ton of required classes my senior year. I only had one blow off period (6th) and that was Student Council.

11. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

12. longerhorn

longerhorn 25+ Posts

Got expelled with 2 months left for telling a ******** teacher no one liked to f**k off. Had to finish at a different school. He said I didn't have the discipline for college. Mailed him a copy of my UT diploma.

13. rhg84

rhg84 250+ Posts

AP Calc, Regular English, Physics 1 honors, AP govt/eco, STUCO Aid, Robot Aid, MENTOR AID, Counselor Aid.

Half my classes aid classes [​IMG]

14. mantaray

mantaray 25+ Posts

debate tournaments, lots of debate tournaments

15. Woland

Woland 500+ Posts

I'm old...I went to school for just half a day.

16. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

I decided if the state was going to pay for it, I would take a full load. So I added sociology and psychology as electives. I also worked part-time.

17. DrunkenMic

DrunkenMic 25+ Posts

Love the Golden Hurricane! (I've actually got two degrees from TU).

I spent my senior year trying to fit too much in. I was a really competitive runner and ran 100 miles a week in addition to cross-training. Then I took a full load of honors classes. And I was out with friends most nights. Any free time left involved copious amounts of Super Tecmo Bowl and Gameday '98. I'd do it all again in a second (except I'd rather play NCAA '08 now).

Enjoy the year and good luck at Tulsa!

18. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Was out of school by noon every day. Well, 12:15. I think I only had one real class - physics, 1st period. I pulled off some first class ******** getting my classes set up like that. I'd either hang out and help get other students in trouble or go to the docks (rowing docks at the lake/pond behind the prep school in our town). Swim, hang out w/ chicks, smoke dope.

19. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

My last two months of my senior year I stopped going to all of my classes but 3rd & 4th periods. Economics & English. I needed those two classes to graduate and that was it. So I would show up at 10:30am (school started at 8:30am) and I would leave at 1:00pm with the work study kids. (I had lunch in the MIDDLE of English.)

Two and a half hours on campus a day for the last 2 months. I FAILED everything but those two classes, but it didn't matter because I was in UT on my SATs. A royal waste of school time, but that's what the public educational system had taught me to do the previous year.

When I got to UT, the pattern continued. Big anonymous public institution... I skipped class like a mofo. Yeah school. At least it gave me a message board to read and an athletic program to follow. [​IMG]

20. bighornfan32

bighornfan32 100+ Posts

AP English 4
    physics
    Contemporary Issues (a really cool GT class where we watched movies and had debates)
    Speech
    AP Stat (only took one semester of it and had 20 absences with a grade of a 35)

I also took two classes at ACC, Govt and Econ.

Senior year was all about getting by. I didnt care about anything. I would skip as many classes as I could every grading period. Good times.

21. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

my senior year began the day i got my class rank for sending out college apps (actually was end of my jr yr). once i saw i was top 10%, the wheels were off and very little work got done. a fair amount of teh classes were honors... but the only one that mattered was english. the rest were just filler... turned into a lazy bum. didn't recapture a work ethic til jr yr at UT.

22. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

booz and girls. i got suspended a lot too

23. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

I'm with Mac,

I must have gone to the wrong school because I had a shitload of tough classes my senior year.

I could have gone super easy but i would have been so bored out of my mind I would have probably gone nuts

AP English
    AP Calc
    AP European History
    AP Chemistry
    AP American History

I look like a lunatic, but I loved my teachers from the Chemistry and History classes the previous years so I was able to go to class with them again.

Now I fully intended on taking the AP tests for all these but I flat out suck at English, so I just skated by in that an Calc.

On Oct 8.1992 I received a letter from the University of Texas telling me that on the strength of my SAT I had been accepted, all semblance of school work immediately ceased to exist (I still have the letter thats why i can remember the date)

From that moment on, I got straight D's told my teachers to not even bother getting pissed off, just let me know what I needed to do to pass.

Only good that came out of it was getting a "4" in both AP History's and Chemistry and getting a "3" in Calculus.

Those 12 hours of "Credit" helped me actually graduate in just 4 years..... Otherwise I would have had to spend the Fall of 1997 on campus..... (Think Route 66)

Thank goodness I didnt have to witness that.....

24. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

I didn't go to school for practically my entire senior year in HS. When I did go to classes, I was always late because I had already accumulated all of the hours I needed to graduate. There wasn't any need to be there.

There was a 10-absence policy before you had to go before the "review board." I was probably absent 50-60 times during my senior year in HS.

My mother was a charge nurse in ICU in a local hospital and worked 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. She was asleep when the school would call at 8 or 9 a.m. questioning where I was. She basically told them to ---- off because I was making A's in all of my classes and she told them not to bother her while she was sleeping. I wrote my own notes in the principal's office to get back into class.

I still read the books and wrote the papers for the classes. And I did well.

My senior schedule was:

1st period: English (although I was almost never there, despite the fact that it was probably my favorite class)
    2nd period -- Government (which probably led me into politics)
    3rd period -- Health (because it was a required class and it was the only class that I needed to pass to graduate)

We didn't have AP classes in the early 80's. We were simply placed in the classes with the students who were a year older than us. I have more of a connection with the students who were a year older than I was than the people who were in my graduating class, since they were the ones who I was attending class with. When I was a senior, there were very few us in the higher level classes (what would be called AP now I suppose).

I didn't have to take any more classes than that. Technically, Golf was my 6th period class since I was on the golf team.

I was out of classes by noon every day and I was off to the golf course until 8 or 9 p.m.

On the weekends, I was out to Lake Travis or to one of two friends' property on the lake to ride ATV's and drink Jack Daniels and some beers.

Oh, and I was dating a very special woman at the time; but I shouldn't talk about that since that's for another thread. However, we did go to the prom together. Go to the prom. It will be fun.

Don't skip the prom. Never skip a date for a sporting event for time with a woman.

Anyway, that's some of my HS senior year experience.

Edit: I forgot, I took Calculus my senior year as well; but my course-load was a total of 4 hours of classes so I was out of school by noon and on the golf course.

25. goofyboy

goofyboy 100+ Posts

AP Calculus, AP English, Photography, Track and a job.

make the most of it. go to prom. Date as many of the chicks as you can, cause once you are out of highschool, you can't date highschool chicks any more.

26. Tim & Omar's Apt

Tim & Omar's Apt 100+ Posts

I took classes at Quad C at 7AM (2 English, Gov & Econ) to get a head start for college. I didn't have to go to 1st period, though, so I would show up at psychology at around 10AM (class started at 9:15 & I was a teacher's pet) with doughnuts/breakfast tacos in hand.

Also took Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology & a Multimedia class. I was out at 1:15 everyday and went straight to golf practice, where I proceeded to kick *** (made regionals as a medalist).

I also partied my *** off once I got into SWT/TxSt, which was accomplished early my Sr. year. I worked at a golf course as well.

My Sr. experience was AWESOME, but I wouldn't trade those for college. College is the better experience of the 2 imo.

27. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Funny to see the personality profiles of differing senior years of high school. Calc, English, Government and Home Economics Cooperative Education (HECE). HECE was a work program where you left school at noon and went to work for I think a minimum of 15 hours a week? Plus more girls were in there...

partied litterally like a rock star, and managed to not get myself or anyone else killed along the way. My neighbor and I sent out 325 invitations to our Graduation party..... 5 kegs and an open bar that I finally just shut down at 1 am.

28. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

don't really remember.

a lot of natty light was involved though

29. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

My high school didn't have AP classes back then. That was '94.

I also played a lot of golf.

30. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

I took about half serious classes/half blowoff classes my senior year. I played football so that was my afternoons in the fall and lacrosse which was my afternoons in the spring.

But don't quit stuff this late in the game, especially if you're friends are in it too as you mentioned. You're right in that this may be one of the last times you all get to spend with each otehr just dicking around being stupid. I promise that you'll look back on those moments with fondness in just a few years.

Senior year was a blast. College was more crazy at times, but in a different way. You're senior year of HS is one of the most carefree times of your life.