What'd you do your senior year in H.S.?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by I_Live_In_OK, Jan 21, 2008.

1. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

1) Got arrested for being drunk outside our first football game.
    2) Had AEP for 6 weeks
    3) Came back to school and was looked down upon by all the teachers / parents
    4) Hosted many parties
    5) Drank alot
    6) Dated my HS sweetheart

Then graduated and went to college at ACC / UT.
    I turned out alright.

2. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

I took Physics my last semester and spent a grand total of 7 minutes in the class before thinking...why in the f**k am I taking this class and walked out. I didn't need it to graduate.

I had English, Counselor's Aide, Business Information Systems (essentially an easy computer class), varsity golf

I think most of my time was spent banging my girlfriend after school and getting drunk on the weekends. I also played baseball and junior olympic volleyball so that took up a little time.

I had zero pressure in my life. Was top 4% so already knew I was going to UT

3. i was out of school every day by 12:10. good ol' work release program.

4. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

AP English, AP Government, AP Physics II, AP Chem II, AP Calc, AP French IV, office aid, mixed in with skipping school to do stupid things like play wiffle ball, drinking, and doing assorted drugs, and working a sweet part time job at a TCBY.

5. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Went to St.Ed's High School (a small all boys Catholic school) in Austin.

Took Physics, English Lit, Religion, US History, Algebra, and "Glee Club".

Glee Club was actually choir. Took that over typing because they put on the fall and spring plays in conjunction with St.Mary's Academy (a girls school). Met some sweet chicks that way and had some fun "acting" in the plays.

Drank a lot on weekends.

6. NatChampUT

NatChampUT 100+ Posts

bighornfan32: did you go to Bowie? Contemporary issues was just starting when I was ending HS.

For me:
    1st: Psychology/Economics
    2nd: English 4
    3rd: Aquatic Science
    4th: Street Law/Government
    5th: Pre Cal

Now as a senior in my last semester of college, I'm taking 2 electives p/f and beginning golf. Very nice

7. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

how did y'all skip school all the time? at my school, five minutes late and they were on the phone with mom asking where the heck you were.

hell, the one time we snuck off campus for lunch we got busted.

I had all the AP stuff (Calc, Physics II, English, History) and some goof off classes.

My best friends were "lab assistants" one period which means they didn't do jack. So they'd come get me out of Economics all the time because the teacher thought they were office assistants and I was needed to go to the Counselors office a lot to work on a "project". anyway, so we'd play wiffle ball in the lab or take naps.

generally, though, I had a blast. Had some great friends and we hung out almost constantly.

8. txangel03

txangel03 25+ Posts

i finished when I was 15 (about to be 16) and for some reason, my parents didn't think I was ready for college (imagine that!). I took informal geometry (took calculus jr year), parenting class, sewing, and was a mentor to jr high kids. I miss high school [​IMG]

9. HatDaddy

HatDaddy 1,000+ Posts

Yeah no crap. They were taking roll in every class before the bell even rang. You were late twice and got detention. Skip and it was at least 1 day of ISS(In School Suspension)
    Only day I got to skip was Senior Skip Day.
    I did leave early since our baseball team fell apart and I worked as well, but I sure as hell couldn't skip any classes.
    Now the weekend there were many parties we threw and many chases with the cops that would have made the Duke's proud.

10. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Lost my virginity. Booya.

11. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

12. Gardner Barnes

Gardner Barnes 250+ Posts

Pretty much the same as everyone else here.

at the time, the DISD had a policy that 18 year olds could legally write their own abs notes and the abs would be excused. So I excused myself from school about 30 times. It was ridiculous but awesome.

I tried to play baseball, but when the weather started getting nice I quit.

As I stated, I went to a DISD school so that was a joke.

My afternoons consisted of: Lunch, Office Helper, Counselor Aide, Photography (got an F), Athletics. Generally I roamed the halls until about 1:30 when my friends got out of their required classes (mostly Economics/Govt with one of the football coaches).

In photog, I took and developed 4 pictures for our "time lapse assignment'. They all consisted of my friend David Odom picking his nose in the same class. We spent a lot of time and photog paper making a lot of copies of those 4 pics and putting them up all over the school one day. I think we ended up making about 20 copies of each which was the hardest I worked that entire spring. It took like 2.5 hours and about a gallon of those chemicals. The teacher never let us back in the darkroom after that.

I DID have to go to English IV and get at least a D to graduate, so I went to that class from like 10-11.

13. Praise of Folly

Praise of Folly 100+ Posts

14. TEXAS1026

TEXAS1026 100+ Posts

I know that my first period classes consisted of Sculpture and Office Aide. I don't think I made it to class before 9:15, and ALWAYS parked in the last spot in the parking lot.

I only went for 5 classes with no lunch. Spring semester I would sometimes go to lunch with friends instead of going to PE. (Yeah, I was in PE as a senior, and dominated) The PE teacher liked me even though she knew my goals for her class didn't stretch beyond a C, so she never hassled me for skipping.

The lady who I was an aide for adored me. She even gave me $20 for a graduation gift. She never marked me absent or tardy, and basically only made me do stuff for the first 15 minutes (deliver stuff to teachers). I did 90% of my homework during that period, and learned all the secret financial stuff that happened in the district. I still use her as a rec whenever I fill out any type of application.

I also got an awesome birthday gift, a handful of forged absent notes that my sister made for me. My mom never knew how many days I skipped since she never wrote me any notes. The one time I got caught was the day it rained, and she came home early and asked why the whole driveway was wet, except for the spot my car was parked in. It had started raining about a half hour before school was over for me.

I also retook a blowoff class I had taken as a junior, even though I got an A in it before. It basically consisted of watching old Westerns and listening to our teacher play his guitar. I don't think I did any work in that class since my project was basically a replica of the one I did the previous year (powerpoint).

1. Sculpture/Office Aide
    2. Precal
    3. Econ/Govt
    4. American West/PE
    5. English

The weekends were filled with drinking. We'd usually go out to an offroad spot in a very rich area of Austin and build a bonfire and drink until we ran out of booze, then go crash at a friends house (they had a bunkhouse and an old camper that we'd sleep in) or have a party at someone's house.

15. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

I had a lot of sex, played football, filled out some scholarship applications, attended lots of saturday class and detention for not attending class during the regular class time. the bad chicks are in detention and saturday class. not bad meaning bad, but bad meaning good... getting laid in the school parking lot at noon on a saturday makes it a lot less of a punishment.

however, you live in OK, so i can see how you left out anything to do with girls and sex... and teeth.

do that english stuff and then place out of some hours - it's worth it.

senior prom is overrated. skip it.

btw, you'll be doing all of this in college, too. you're not getting it out of your system. you're learning how to manage it.

16. MAROON

MAROON 250+ Posts

1st period was Office Practice - basketball coaches, and last period was basketball practice. Once the season was over I went to school an hour late and left an hour early. Lots of parties and lots of sex with my girlfriend.

Go to the prom. Even though I went with my by then ex-girlfriend I still had fun....and got laid.

17. HORN_FAN_86

HORN_FAN_86 100+ Posts

I witnessed Operation Eagle Claw fall apart at Desert One. Sort of a bummer......

18. PoisonousNuts

PoisonousNuts < 25 Posts

Really? I was a crew member on the air-evac C-141 that brought the wounded Desert One guys from Germany back to the US.

19. mayberryrfd

mayberryrfd 100+ Posts

I didn't have a senior year. 'Graduated at end of junior year thanks to concurrent enrollment in the local CC. I was "out of there, b*tches!"

I firmly believe that if you have enough credits-whatever year you are in, you should be able to apply and obtain your high school diploma and move on to higher education.

20. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

3 courses
    `1. Band
    2. Vocational Office Education
    3. English 4

Made the honor roll for the first time based on this incredibly tough schedule, then left for work at 11:45. Worked from 12:00 to 5:00 every day.