What's 1st: Texas v Kansas OR LHN (TWCATT)?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by fw_horn, Sep 8, 2011.

1. fw_horn

fw_horn 25+ Posts

Which event do you think will happen first?
    1) The Texas vs. Kansas game OR
    2) Longhorn Network works a deal with Time Warner Cable and/or AT&T U-verse

2. bigezlonghorn

bigezlonghorn < 25 Posts

I think the Kansas game will occur first.

Lancehorn hit the nail upon the head in the "LHN from the Asst AD Office" thread over on the other board.

3. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

Agreed. We are in for a long wait.

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

It wouldn't surprise me if we TWC doesn't pick up the Longhorn Network before the end of the season.

5. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

if espn was smart i think they would over pay for a meaningful big12 game, not sure that what it would take but thats what its going to take.

6. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

I thought picking up 5 UTSA games (starting tomorrow, BTW) was a pretty smart move and could help accelerate some deal making. Could LHN pick up any games from other smaller Texas programs like UNT, UTEP, maybe even Rice? Hardly ever get to see those teams on TV and collectively they have a few fans. SA alone has over a million "t-shirt roadrunners" who I'm sure would love to watch the new game in town.

7. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

If the deal couldn't get done before the Rice game I don't see how it will get done in the foreseeable future. The leverage for is somewhat gone. And after the 2nd LHN game even more leverage is diminished. Long wait.

8. Dogbert

Dogbert 500+ Posts

While I have no clue about how cable networks arrange their lineups and pay for the content, the fact that I get the Oprah Network and about 100 other channels I never watch and cannot get the LHN is baffling. If Grande ever comes to my neighborhood I'm gone from TWC.