What's always worried me...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BananaChipBettor, Oct 3, 2015.

1. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

Charlie is a great guy, but great guys don't always finish first. Yes, we should be 3 and 2, but that doesn't mean much at this moment.

Here is my problem: Charlie is not a fast thinker nor a great communicator. I cringe and feel bad when I have to listen to him. Being a great orator isn't the end all be all, but it does perhaps provide some insight. If you can't even formulate a simple response to softballs lobbed by the media, how can you game plan and respond to a fast paced football game? I don't think he's he smart, street smart or even at this point, football smart.

When I first heard him, I wondered. I was hoping he was just bad with the media. You know, he would get better as time went on. Kind of like the football team.. They'll get better as time goes on. Unless things turn next week, he's in over his head.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

In over his head is just a nice way of saying everything from your prior paragraph. He's not smart. He relies too much on buy-in with nothing for sale. The only saving grace that might allow us to recruit anyone is that our team is so bad, how could a true freshman NOT earn playing time?