What's Mack's record VS SEC?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hornin Hong Kong, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

thanks.

Putting idiot LSU kid in his place.

Additionally he claims most D1 wins last 5 yrs - LSU - what are the numbers?

2. Kramer Horn

Kramer Horn 100+ Posts

i think he's lost to Arkansas twice and beat em once, beaten Miss. State once, beaten LSU once. maybe 3-2...? i cannot think of any other SEC teams right now.

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

3-2 is right. I think USC has most D1 wins in last 5 years. I know Texas has 54.

4. HornJD79

HornJD79 25+ Posts

Just going based off my memory...while he's been at Texas:

1998 - 1-0 (beat Mississippi State)
    1999 - 0-1 (lost to Arkansas)
    2000 - 0-0
    2001 - 0-0
    2002 - 1-0 (beat LSU)
    2003 - 0-1 (lost to Arkansas)
    2004 - 1-0 (beat Arkansas)
    2005 - 0-0
    2006 - 0-0
    2007 - 0-0

Looks like a 3-2 record vs. the SEC.

If an LSU fan wants to claim that LSU and/or Les Miles is directly superior (head-to-head) to Mack/Texas, then I think you have some good arguments in your favor. Mack beat LSU the last time we played them and Mack absolutely owns Les Miles.

5. Kramer Horn

Kramer Horn 100+ Posts

well he owned him while he was at OSU. LSU has a whole different level of talent my friend.

6. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Mack beat LSU when Saban was there, and Saban > Leslie.

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

8. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

Very marginal teams in the SEC those years. The SEC is cyclical, while the Big XII...well...isn't, as seen from OU's track record. The 3 wins were over teams that finished 8-5, 8-5, & 5-6. It's the gauntlet of the regular season SEC schedule that the homers beat their chests about.

Every bowl has a built-in disadvantage for the SEC, as they are matched up against a higher conference seed (not to mention how that exhibits even more disparity when 2 SEC teams are in BCS bowls) and yet the class of the SEC typically blows teams out in the BCS bowls, while OU typically folds like a cheap tent in the big bowls, despite their regular domination of the Big XII conference. I once heard a commentator refer to the Big XII as "snOU white and the 11 dwarfs" if that gives you any perspective on who you should and shouldn't be throwing stones at. Haven't heard anyone say anything like that about the SEC in recent memory.

9. iluvut34

iluvut34 < 25 Posts

USC has 59 wins over the last five years. Boise State and LSU are tied for second and we are fourth.

Mack is 10-15 against the SEC in his career although most of those games were played when he was at Tulane.

10. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

So at Texas Mack has a winning record vs SEC, has 1-0 record vs LSU and has never lost to Lester.

Thanks

11. gasemitter

gasemitter 100+ Posts

12. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

The Big 12 is 6-8 in BCS games while the SEC is 11-4.

13. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

For the record…

Texas vs. Current SEC teams all time = 94-45-4

We’re 55-21-0 against the pigs and have a winning record against every other SEC team except Vandy, South Carolina and Miss. State.

We’re 3-8-1 against Vandy, but the last time we played was in 1928.

We played South Carolina once, in 1957, and lost.

We’re 2-2 against Miss St.

14. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

For the record............

Harvard, Yale, and Princeton are Top 20 All-Time College Football Programs
    The Link

Point being, 54 of your 55 wins against current SEC teams are in SWC play.

That would make you 39-44-4 (Took out the loss to USC, as they were in the ACC). This provides a better glimpse of your performance against the SEC.

Regardless, we live in the here and now. Not 30, 40, or 50 years ago. In recent
    history, Texas vs. the SEC is about an even match.

Texas is a fine program that would be top tier in the SEC. But we would only be lying to ourselves to say that Texas faces the same level of competition week in and week out.

15. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Your stats don't compute, I know we are like 7-0 against one of your flag ship universities--Alabama. And I might mention they were not scrubs like they are now. I think Texas would do just fine in the SEC. LSU=weakest NC in history=2 losses and many other near losses.

16. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

With 39 non SWC/SEC wins, the stats do compute. There is plenty of room in 39 for 7 wins against Bama.

My point being with Harvard, Princeton, and Yale being Top 20 All Time Programs was that while looking at history as a whole may make Texas appear to have a stellar record vs the SEC, a more in depth review says otherwise. (Examples being 54 wins being in SWC play and an additional 3 being pre 1928 against the ACC)

17. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

Oh please.

B12 is cyclical like every other conference. As the Vol said that the SEC has had some unfortunate match-ups in bowl season, they have also got to face paper tigers (OSU/OU). Making them no different than anyone else.

IMO, SEC is the USC of college football, they are sucked off at every moment.

18. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

19. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Nivek, want to see why the SEC is "sucked off"?

IN 2007 ALONE.................

The SEC had five teams ranked in the top 15 of the final Associated Press poll. #1 and #2 included.

The SEC is the only league to currently have five football coaches who have won a national championship.

The SEC finished the 2007-08 bowl season with a 7-2 record. The seven wins are the most bowl victories by any conference in NCAA history.

The SEC led all NCAA FBS conferences with a 82.4 winning percentage in non-conference games. The SEC posted a 47-10 overall non-conference mark, edging out the Big 12 Conference with a 41-15 mark.

The SEC finished the 2007 season with eight teams earning at least eight-or-more victories for the second straight season.

The SEC drew a conference record 6.6 million fans to its games in 2007, the most by any conference in NCAA history. (2 million more than the Big 12)

Individually, 7 1st team AA's, The Maxwell, The Outland, The Lombardi, The O'Brien, The Walter Camp, The Rimington, The Doak Walker, The Heisman, and 35 drafted into the NFL.

There is more money, more support, better facilities, more team accomplishments, and more individual accolades than any other conference in the country. Not sure where the confusion sets in?

20. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

21. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

double post...sorry

22. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

You think the Big 12 has better facilities than the SEC? Of all the things you could have argued and you choose the least favorable to you?

I'll repost my post so that maybe you can pick a different argument.........

Nivek, want to see why the SEC is "sucked off"?

IN 2007 ALONE.................

The SEC had five teams ranked in the top 15 of the final Associated Press poll. #1 and #2 included.

The SEC is the only league to currently have five football coaches who have won a national championship.

The SEC finished the 2007-08 bowl season with a 7-2 record. The seven wins are the most bowl victories by any conference in NCAA history.

The SEC led all NCAA FBS conferences with a 82.4 winning percentage in non-conference games. The SEC posted a 47-10 overall non-conference mark, edging out the Big 12 Conference with a 41-15 mark.

The SEC finished the 2007 season with eight teams earning at least eight-or-more victories for the second straight season.

The SEC drew a conference record 6.6 million fans to its games in 2007, the most by any conference in NCAA history. (2 million more than the Big 12)

Individually, 7 1st team AA's, The Maxwell, The Outland, The Lombardi, The O'Brien, The Walter Camp, The Rimington, The Doak Walker, The Heisman, and 35 drafted into the NFL.

There is more money, more support, better facilities, more team accomplishments, and more individual accolades than any other conference in the country. Not sure where the confusion sets in?

23. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

I don't know what whocares' point is. There is one SEC team with greater accomplishments than UT, and we have a 7 - 0 record against them. You can make an argument for Tennessee (Neyland's single wing was a dominant scheme for a long time), but after that...naw. UT has 4 MNCs, more than LSU, Florida, Auburn, and every one of them came after 1963.

Maybe whocares2008 should go to a Missouri board.

24. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

If you read the thread, you would know my point.

Nivek said the SEC is "sucked off" like USC. I showed why the SEC is sucked off.

That is my point and I'm pretty sure it was made.

25. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Yea facilities and that means more than just stadium capacity.

26. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Is this the same guy who was saying McFadden was better than Ricky earlier this year?

27. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

No, I said he will have similar production....and he did.

Hobbes, there is no comparison. Have you ever been on SEC campuses? There is not a broadcaster, journalist, or football coach on this planet that would argue that the SEC is not the leader, by far, in all things facilities.

This article is two years old but it goes into great depth as to the SEC Facility "Empire"

Page 6 is the beginning of what you may need to look at......
    The Link

28. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Have you ever been to the **** whole that is your team's stadium?

And McFadden did not have close to the production Ricky did. How anyone could compare Mcfadden to Ricky is beyond me. That is idiotic at best.

And Texas has better facilities then every team in your conference.

29. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Ummmm.......RRS is one of the nicest and most technologically advanced stadiums around. Did you even read the article and breakdown of facilities?

Have you been to UA since the SWC?

Hobbes, I now live in Austin and Texas facilities are on par with most SEC schools. Your desire to remain naive is not my responsibility.

30. gasemitter

gasemitter 100+ Posts