What's Mack's record VS SEC?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Hornin Hong Kong, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

2. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

That article was worthless. It showed nothing. Look at some pictures of Texas' facilities for football and see how real athletes train.

3. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

McFadden had 5,743 All Purpose yards in 37 games with 43 touchdowns. Plus 205 yards passing with 2 TD's. In his 3 years, not 4, he was on pace to eclipse Ricky's numbers.

But that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Just a strawman argument you threw up in order to avoid the points I made earlier.

4. Fight Songs

Fight Songs 25+ Posts

"That would make you 39-44-4 (Took out the loss to USC, as they were in the ACC). This provides a better glimpse of your performance against the SEC. "

Umm, no... If you're going to take out the wins against SWC-era Arkansas, you also have to take out our losses to them. By my quick calculation, we're 40-25-4 against actual SEC teams. (We're 1-2 against Arky since they joined the SEC).

"while looking at history as a whole may make Texas appear to have a stellar record vs the SEC, a more in depth review says otherwise. "

Again, no. The more in-depth you look at our history against the SEC, the more impressive the record gets. 25% of our wins against the SEC have come against teams ranked in the top 10. We've beaten some of your best teams and some of your most legendary players (Joe Namath, Bo Jackson--twice). We're 12-2-1 against your three winningest programs, despite the fact that, in 10 of those games, the SEC team was ranked in the top 10. In short, we've dominated your league.

5. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Hobbes if the article "said nothing" then I would have to believe that you are either 14, have a low reading comprehension, or are unwilling to learn.

6. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Fight you are right. I should have removed your losses to Arkansas.

I stand corrected.

But if you wish to join the SEC you are more than welcome to come on in. [​IMG]

7. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Ricky Williams averaged 6.2 yds per carry for his career. McFadden averaged 5.8.

Ricky Williams had 11 200 yd plus games including 2 300 yd games.
    McFadden had 3 and 1.

Ricky Williams had 27 TDs his senior year and 25 his Junior year.
    Mcfadden had 16 and 14.

And which of the over 60 records owned by Ricky was McFadden going to break?

And the article while very lengthy did not say much that would show that the SEC has better facilities especially the pictures of the Arky facilities.

8. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Darren never played a senior year so you might want to keep that in mind when you are comparing Darrens "Senior stats"

Darren would have his entire senior year to gain a lousy 804 yards to eclipse ricky's rushing totals so I guess we could start there.

But I'm not sure what that has to do with the topic at hand.

9. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Well Ricky the FB only gained 990 yds his freshman year because unlike Arky we have good backs every year and Ricky was behind Priest Holmes. Maybe you have heard of him.

And back to the original point. Tell me a school with better facilities than Texas.

10. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

All we here is the gauntlet that the SEC is. Arkansas, please we have drilled them forever=not in the gauntlet. Mississipi, enough said. Kentucky=basketball. Mississipi state=average. South Carolina=average. Vanderbuilt=below average. Alabama average. Auburn=good, Tennessee=good, Georgia= a little better than good, but cannot win the big one. Florida and LSU are at the top. By the way whocares how many Big 12 teams finished in the top 10 last year.

11. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Hobbes.......
    Arkansas for one.

Texas football stadium is only now beginning to enter the 20th Century. And before you start rambling about your TV screen, your own AD, by his own admission, decided to pull the trigger on it after touring the Arkansas campus in 2004 and wanted a similar one.

You do not have better Olympic sport facilities. Don't even try and debate that.

Your baseball facilities lag behind Arkansas and again, there is no debate there. Arkansas baseball park is #1 in the SEC and #1 in the nation according to Baseball America.

And for the love of God and everything holy, the Erwin Center doesn't hold a candle to Wal-Marts pride and joy, Bud Walton Arena.

That is just little ole' Arkansas. Numerous SEC campuses have far superior facilities than Texas. This is a bad argument for you to try and make.

You could argue almost ANYTHING
    before you try and make a case for Big 12 facilities.

12. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

There are more then just stadiums chief. And your stadium while very nice is not as good as Texas. Have you ever been to the Joe Jamail swin center. And how about our weight room that fills up with toms of NFL scouts every pro day. And don't forget about the Moncrief-Neuhas center. And the pracice arena for the basketball teams. And the locker rooms. All of which are nicer than Arky. Yall had a big scoreboard but we wanted a better one so we bought it. Now yall are not as good. And regardless of when we did all this work it does not change the fact that our stuff is better now.

13. gasemitter

gasemitter 100+ Posts

14. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Want some fun numbers? The Sugar Bowl is the SEC's top bowl game. B12 teams have won 11 Sugar Bowls, compared to 31 won by SEC teams. Three SEC teams (Vandy, S. Carolina, and MSU) have never won a Sugar Bowl, and therefore have been exceeded by OU, OSU, TAMU, UT, BU, Mizzou, and NU, all of whom won at least one.

Arkansas has won one Sugar Bowl...when it was a mmber of the SWC.

TCU has won more Sugar Bowls (2) than all SEC teams except Tennessee, Bama, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Auburn, and LSU. Florida and Auburn tied TCU with 2 wins.

15. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Hands down, the SEC is one of the worst conferences I've ever seen in my lifetime, if not the worst in history.

16. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

17. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Steel Shank says it and that makes it true. Shank is also the fastest player on the Texas football team. What now *****.

18. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

Mack 2 Auburn 0

[​IMG]

19. whocares2008

whocares2008 100+ Posts

Shank is right. It's the worst and inferior to the Big 12.

I was only trying to see if I could convince myself otherwise.

20. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

And to add insult to injury, Steel Shank is currently enjoying a Fran's double meat with rings.

21. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

22. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

TEXAS VS. SEC ALL TIME

Bama 7-0-1
    Ark 55-21-0
    Auburn 5-3-0
    Florida 2-0-1
    Georgia 3-1-0
    Kentucky 1-0-0
    LSU 9-7-1
    Miss 5-1-0
    MSU 2-2-0
    South Car 0-1-0
    Tenn 2-1-0
    Vandy 3-8-1

Overall 94-45-4

23. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

CURRENT BIG 12 TEAMS VS. CURRENT SEC TEAMS ALL TIME

Bama 16-14-2
    Ark 152-161-7
    Auburn 15-11-1
    Florida 6-5-1
    Georgia 7-14-0
    Kentucky 10-9-1
    LSU 40-52-5
    Miss 17-7-0
    MSU 14-14-2
    South Car 9-6-0
    Tenn 8-9-1
    Vandy 11-12-4

Overall 305-314-24 (49.3%)

Darn close to even.

24. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

25. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

26. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

How did Mizzou punk Arky in the bowl game last year? How could that possibly happen with those amazing facilities?

27. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

Jeff Gordon is from California.

28. gasemitter

gasemitter 100+ Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LSU, by the way, got to the championship game with two conference losses and an OOC schedule of Appl. St, Troy, No Texas and Tulane.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

Well, since we are cherry picking years, how about we pick 2005.

Ahem..thanks.

30. ophorn23

ophorn23 100+ Posts

Is anyone surprised at how rapidly this turned into a "yeah, well, the SEC is way better than the Big XII" thread? All the OP did was ask for some info on Mack's record vs. the SEC. Sigh.