What's the deal with those Crocs shoes?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by El_Guapo, Aug 18, 2007.

1. El_Guapo

El_Guapo 500+ Posts

These things are about the butt ugliest shoes ever made and yet I see them everywhere. I've even seen otherwise normal looking men wearing them.

What am I missing?

2. homer

homer 500+ Posts

they are COMFORTABLE. they also make a lot of different versions, many of them look good.

3. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

4. tx 3 putt

tx 3 putt 100+ Posts

Very comfortable, nothing compares.

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

i'm sure they're quite comfortable. they're interesting for me because they're probably one of the greatest marketing stories i've ever heard. i guess they were available at home centers for years as gardening clogs. a guy was on a boat with a friend of his that had some and was raving about how great these $5 home depot clogs were. the other guy tried them on and agree. so he does some research, finds out who manufactures these rubber clogs and contacts them. he asks them to make the exact same thing for him but with a different logo. bam, instant bajillionaire.

6. JimBeam

JimBeam 25+ Posts

Crocs look like [​IMG]

7. wild_turkey

wild_turkey 250+ Posts

I agree that they look pretty damn ugly. How could they be any more comfortable than regulary flip flops or sandals?

8. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

Who cares if they look like [​IMG] when your feet feel like they are on puffs of blissful pillows of comfort.

9. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

^^^^^^^^^winner..... [​IMG]

10. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

You can put your stinky feet in them all summer long and they don't ever smell bad. Woo-hoo!

11. El_Guapo

El_Guapo 500+ Posts

So I can't automatically assume that a guy who wears them is a douche?

I was on a golf discussion board the other day and somebody was raving about how great they are for playing golf.

12. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

13. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

I have a pair of the Longhorn ones and hate myself every time I wear them, but I'm self-loathing in comfort.

14. vy til i die

vy til i die 100+ Posts

Sometimes I wear my GF's to take the dog out. They are so ******* comfortable and equally [​IMG] .

15. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

16. JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze 100+ Posts

Shoes of the future....today!

17. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

18. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

And here I was thinking they were just the new hip nursing shoe? A friend of mine was wearing these the other day. He swore by them. Said they were the most comfortable shoe he has ever worn. My mom has a pair also. Just something about having the same shoe as my mom ... doesn't sit well with me. Nonetheless, $34.99 at the Co-op ...

[​IMG]

19. CleverNickname

CleverNickname 500+ Posts

supposedly while comfortable (and I just got back from the grocery store in them), they are actualy bad for your feet because they have no support. So if you were a nurse or otherwise on your feet all day, I'd reccomend something actually known for good support like danska or keen.

20. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

Good for kids, bad for adults. If you own a pair, you better only be wearing them to the pool and to wash your car.

21. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Kudos to the instant bajillionaire. But the rest of you look like dorks.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

22. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

23. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

at first, I didn't get that ^^^ . I was thinking "huh, I was saying how the fact that my mom has them is reason enough for me to never even think of getting them". Then I realized you were the one who made the girlfriend post, and beat me to it. So now I get the wink. Funny [​IMG]

24. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

They look fine on my 2.5 year old son, but I wouldn't be caught dead in them.

25. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

My husband and I got them before we knew they were supposed to be a fad. I bought mine for work and I LOVE them. Mine don't have holes in the top, though. I think they look better that way.

[image]http://www.metrouniforms.com/images/T/t-16393-160.jpeg[/image]

Don't know why the image isn't working... hmmmm

26. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

27. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

^oh pfffft. It was just the first image to come up.

28. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

29. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

I too don't get it. Damn near ugliest things I've ever seen people wear. [​IMG]

30. William Cannon

William Cannon 250+ Posts

Do they provide any support?