What's the deal with those Crocs shoes?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by El_Guapo, Aug 18, 2007.

1. HornMafia

HornMafia 100+ Posts

2. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

no support but comfortable, and yes ugly

A friend of mine was a a wedding in Mex a year or so ago and he met a guy who was an early investor in the company, he was a airline pilot and put in $150K. They tried to buy him out for a lot, I think his investment inded up being worth 17 million, or maybe it was 15 mil but a LOT!

3. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

They look like after wearing them in the heat that they would smell absolutely horrible.

I'm a Nike guy. I can run miles in them (run in another pair) or walk all day and my feet never complain.......... I wear them to the games too and after standing for most of the day, I am glad to wear them over flip flops. I only wear flip flops if I am going to a pool, lake or beach.

4. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

I always assume any guy who wears this is also wearing a bra and thong and most likely has a tampon shoved up his ***. Very gay.

5. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Wife got some knock off types in brown; I tried them for all of 15 seconds; they're really light on your feet.

About the gayest 15 seconds I've ever had, I think.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

there is nothing wrong with them and they are comfortable

not suprising some people wouldnt be secure enough in themselves with going into the ghey stuff. get real

7. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

The wife brought home a Target pair...they are superb house shoes in the winter. The plastic holds in the heat well, hence the big holes on top. These things keep the feet toasty enough that I can keep the shorts in rotation much longer.

I only wear them around the house or the occasional 7-11 run...but I'd have no problem wearing them all the time if they had some arch support or were so hot.

I can't imagine a pair with no holes...that got to be hot!

Any idea why these are supposed to be good gardening shoes? Or why gardening needs a specialty shoe?

8. simihorn

simihorn 100+ Posts

I am on my second pair or longhorn crocs. First pair was khaki with orange trim. New is orange with khaki trim. That's great because all I usually wear with them are khaki shorts and orange shirts. Yes, I am that guy.

I am also a big guy, 6'3", 235. My feet hurt will be sore if I wear any other shoes all day. I have good Nikes and good New Balance running shoes and lots of other "good" walking shoes. Nothing beats the crocs. We went to Disneyworld for 9 days back in April. Wore the Nike Airs the first day (sore feet) and the crocs the other 8. No sore feet, no foot sweat, etc. I even wore them with socks. I am a married dad of 4, so comfort is way above style and there just aren't any more comfortable shoes around.

Are they ugly? sure. But they are more comfortable than anything I've ever tried. I had Birks back in the day and still will wear my Redwings from time to time, but these are the only thing i'll wear if I have a choice. I am looking for a solid black pair without holes to wear to work, but have been too lazy to order them on-line.

I don't know why people complain about support. They have a molded arch that seems to offer enough support for a big guy like me. They weigh almost nothing. They don't make my feet hot and sweaty, they don't smell, they don't stay wet

I know they aren't "cool" for old guys like me, but they sure as hell are comfortable and I get to annoy people because there is something else with a longhorn on my body. Try 'em, you'll be hooked, especially if you can get over the ugly factor.

9. celis

celis 250+ Posts

They kill my feet. No support at all for me. But I've been told I have a high instep.

10. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

11. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

12. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

13. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

14. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

Being a chef for years, Crocs are the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn for standing and walking on concrete/tile for hours and hours and I've tried many many shoes. They are also great on my kayak as muck and sand runs right out the side holes.

15. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Lots of fisherman wearing them down here on the coast. I'm not one of them.

16. capitalcity

capitalcity 100+ Posts

Give it one more year.

If you really want the look of a rubber clog try a Super Birki. They come with removable cork footbeds with superior lateral arch, and metatarsal support. Plus they'll yield and mold under the pressure of your feet, unlike the closed cell material crocs uses - and they give the sweat somewhere to go. (Your feet can produce as much as a cup of sweat a day.)

OR you can be a man and try a

17. GarCiaRia

GarCiaRia 100+ Posts

Hey because of this board I got rid of all my jorts....but won't do so with the crocs. I do have a high instep and still think they're very comfortable. However, I didn't want to be noticed wearing them (tough thing to do) so I got the dark brown crocs, which look to be the most masculine I could fine. I still think they look stupid, but man they're comfy!!! Now the whole family wears them. Please don't ask for my man card, having bad feet pushed me to the edge.

18. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

19. homer

homer 500+ Posts

20. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I'll pass on them and just leave it at that.

21. huge

huge 250+ Posts

i wouldnt wear them

22. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

wow... a crocs spokesman. Eh... they have *** ugly written all over them... sandal, clog or whatever.

23. homer

homer 500+ Posts

yeah, i am a crocs spokesman, you busted me.

24. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

$35 for plastic fugly shoes...

[​IMG]

25. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

In 10 years, people will look back at pictures from this era and wonder what the heck people were thinking when they purchased plastic gardening clogs and tried to pass them off as cool shoes to wear out in public. Think MC Hammer parachute pants, slap braclets, bleach-out denim, etc.

And for those that aruge 'they are comfortable'... I much prefer my $15.00 flips flops or my running shoes. Give me a break.

26. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

Those things are gayer than a $2 bill.

27. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

i saw a guy last week wearing them with a "vote for pedro shirt". nuff said.

28. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

I dont really see the big deal

the shoes are freakin comfortable. they are not that bad looking and I dont see wearing them much different than men wearing any other type of sandal.....esp some of them these days

a few years back before flip flops became "popular" again people blasted those as gay

now you cant go though a day without seeing 10,000 people wearing some sort of flip flop

personally I think guys wearing flip flops and jeans looks stupid...but if someone likes that or finds it comfortable...im certainly not going to call it gay

to each his own. Crocs hardly look as bad as some are making them sound.

29. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

30. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts