What's the deal with those Crocs shoes?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by El_Guapo, Aug 18, 2007.

1. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

I have a pair of crocs and a pair of super birkis. After I bought the crocs I never wore the birkis again. Those shoes are the only ones I can wear for a 12 hour night shift and not come home with aching feet.

2. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

I am waiting for OP shorts and deck shoes to come back in style.

3. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I imagine some here could also make a case for Member's Only jackets?

4. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

people do know Crocs come in all different styles right?

so no one here would wear these?

The Link

I find that hard to believe.

5. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

OK... I'm starting to create a mental picture of the Crocs apologists...

[​IMG]

6. Ahab

Ahab 100+ Posts

Worst shoes ever. Even worse for kids. First time I saw them, I thought they were some sort of special orthapedic shoe. Then I thought they were a gag or a joke. Slowly I realized that people thought they were cool.

Where I live they are the required accompanyment to the McMansion/SUV crowd. The only good news is that the fad will be over before long.

7. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

I guess flip flops are a fad then too because Croc's flip flops you see just as often as their other styles

I mean looking at some of the flip flops people wear these days

what is wrong with this?

[​IMG]

8. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I am trying to enjoy a delicious sandwich right now, and the thought of crocs and how "cool" they are is starting to make me very, very angry.

9. TexasCrush

TexasCrush 25+ Posts

people get this upset over shoes some people LIKE? who cares. If you like them then buy them, if not then dont. Sure a lot of anger over just some ******* shoes.

10. homer

homer 500+ Posts

i just bought another pair -- just to spite txhookem. i think he will have a heart attack if a few others buy a pair.

in other news, more money to the bajillionaires. less money for me.

11. Son of Hades

Son of Hades 25+ Posts

12. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I didn't think it possible, but I'm getting even angrier now. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel like that dude on the video that's at his desk banging on his computer, then he just gets up and chunks it.

Yes, crocs make me that angry.

13. The Bone

The Bone 100+ Posts

I'm going to wear mine even more now just because I know it irritates people so much. No jorts though.

I know they are ugly but I really couldn't give any less of a f**k.

14. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

I have four pairs, and I mix and match so I never wear the same color on both feet at the same time.

15. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

This is starting to get really ugly. [​IMG]

16. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

I'm VERY happy my children will never see pictures of me succumbing to this awful fad.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

17. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Oh, don't worry... I'm not irritated... if anything, you've brought more laughter into my life.

Hey... if they're cool enough for Rosie...

[​IMG]

18. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

i like crocs. i dont have any myself but my kids do and i think they are pretty damn cool. if i did get some, i dont think i would wear them with anything other than shorts. i dont see how they are any different than flip flops or sandals or any other sort of casual footwear.

i can also tell you they are great on the beach and in the ocean. my kids had no problems on the beach in Malibu going in and out of the water whereas my flip flops were getting their asses kicked by the waves and rocks! lol!

jason

19. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

no, don't start throwing out the crocs makes flip flops too. you know damn well which ones we are talking about.

crocs maybe a brand that now makes lots of different styles. but when someone refers to your ugly *** crocs, there are not referring to flip flops.

20. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

You people make me laugh.

21. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

those photos are not wide enough, you should make them even wider

22. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Longhorn Nation Divided by Crocs - film at 11.

23. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

24. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

Crocs is a BRAND that makes 100's of styles.

There is way too much anger in here over someones choice of shoe

25. Summit104

Summit104 25+ Posts

My friends kept swearing up and down how comfortable their Croc clogs were. I tried a pair on, and I didn't see it. Not comfortable at all for me. For that reason, I won't buy them.

But I'm also a flip flop guy. As someone mentioned above, everytime I see a pair of Crocs, I think "it's a damn gardening shoe!"

26. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

27. SouthAfricanHorn

SouthAfricanHorn 250+ Posts

Get over yourselves you hipsters that are too cool for ANYTHING. They're comfortable, convenient and functional. Who gives a damn if you don't think they look good?? They are not THAT bad.

Wow, some of you naysayers are so transparent.

28. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

[tranparently] Nay! [/transparently]

29. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd 100+ Posts

30. Phil Hellmuth

Phil Hellmuth 100+ Posts

horrible looking

Whoever decided that he could market some cheap rubber sandals for $35 a pop deserves a medal.