What's wrong with Texas?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Driftwood, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Is it just me or has UT athletics gone in the tank? For the first time in history it looks as though we will lose the State Farm Shootout to the Aggies. 2 straight loses in football, 2 straight losses in women's basketball, etc, etc.

Texas should destroy TAM teams as we always have done.

Recently this isn't happening. I don't see any urgency within the UT management. We have either got to starrt winning or start to replace sports administrators and team coaches.

2. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

3. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

all sickness doesn't mean death. when we fail to right the ship, then start worrying.

4. L4UT

L4UT 100+ Posts

if we lose the lonestar showdown - no big deal - we will still finish very high in the "sears" cup or whatever it is called now which ranks the overall athletic dept. - we are off to a good start with football finishing in the top ten, volleyball the same and looking good so far in others - even last year we finished way ahead of a&m and they had one their best years ever -
    i do think the changes in women's swimming was long overdue and we will be back very soon - b-ball will be back - it is kind of a timing thing - you lose some good coaches and it takes time to recover -like moore from the women's tennis team - the new coach will do fine - i also look for a change in coaching on the softball front this year

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Our performance against A&M in some sports isn't really a good indicator of our overal program on a national level. As a whole, we continue to have a much stronger athletic program than A&M. Give credit to the Ags though - they can lose every other game of the year, but when they play us they play to win. We sometimes don't match that enthusiasm which is a shame but also an indicator of how we have set our sights on other rivals like OU.

As this is a WBB board, I will say that A&M did very well in hiring Gary Blair. Our program was ready for a change as well and I think Coach G is a much better hire than Blair. We'll be back on top soon enough. It also wouldn't surprise me that on the chance we run into A&M in the B12 Tourney, we'll come away with the W on the third try.

7. orangehoops

orangehoops 100+ Posts

babhorn-

very well said!

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

9. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

10. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

They beat us in football, but we finished the season ranked in the top 10 with another 10 win season. They lost another crappy bowl game and ended up unranked for something like the 10th year in a row.

We split with them in basketball, but we just won the Big XII and awaiting our probable 2 seed in the tourney and they are shitting bricks wondering if they will even make the tourney.

Head to head wins are nice, but I would not trade places with them now or in the foreseeable future for anything. As a program, we have bigger fish to fry than only caring about playing those losers. They are mediocre to suck in everything that matters.

As for the Showdown thing, currently their chicks have improved while ours have fallen. Yawn.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

If you don't care about "chicks'" sports, why are you posting on the WBB board?

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Nothing is wrong with Texas. Losing is going to happen eventually....even to aggy.

Over the next 10 years we will still average winning 7 of every 10 games across the spectrum of events. Specifically directed at this board, I have no doubt coach G will get them going in the right direction and make up their fair share of the 7 wins.