When's the last time we missed a big kick?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 93ex, Dec 6, 2009.

1. 93ex

93ex 100+ Posts

I'm sure there are some obvious examples, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. I remember several big ones we made (last night, Dusty in the Rose Bowl, Dawson vs. Virginia in 95, Ryan Bailey in the snow in Lincoln, Stockton vs. Aggy in 98), but I can't think of any we missed. I'm sure I'm just blocking them out.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

This is going back a while but Dawson missed a game winner against Baylor in 97 from 50 plus; and in 1991 we missed two late against the piggies to lose our last game with Arkansas in the old SWC.

3. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

4. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

right after you made this thread and jinxed it.

5. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

FW that's the one I remembered. To Dawson's credit, it was like a 52-yarder on the last play - and Mackovic screwed the drive royally. We had gone right down the field with Ricky Williams - and by down the field I mean 10, 20 yards a chunk. We got to about the 35 with a minute or so to play, and all of a sudden Mackovic decides to go deep twice in a row, makes no serious attempt to set up an easier kick, and of course Dawson misses it.

6. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I seem to remember missing a big kick against Notre Dame in Austin sometime in the mid-90s. Or am I dreaming?

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Prodigal, I was in the stands for that game in Waco and remember the same thing it was like we just stopped and said ok 52 is close enough even with a swirling wind. I got stuck twice leaving that stadium as the Baylor students marched the goalposts in front of my vehicle marching them back to the campus once on a side street and once on the access road to I35. Ahh memories.

8. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

i missed a big buck Friday morning. damn

9. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

David Pino missed a FG at the beginning of the 4th quarter against USC when we were down 24-23, which at the time felt really 'big'...obviously it ended up not mattering...

10. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

11. LoudHorn

LoudHorn 250+ Posts

2 missed FGs in the Cotton Bowl vs Georgia

Also, last night after the game ended, Mack missed a chance to kick Bo's sorry butt.