Where did you live while attending UT?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by iLoVeLoNgHoRnS, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

Jester 71-72. Great time.
    Frat house 72-73. Great time
    Riverside area 73-76. Great time.

2. Back to Texas

Back to Texas 250+ Posts

93-94 - Castillian. A buddy of mine beat up my roomate (who was a turd) and got the place to myself most of the spring
    94-95 - Some apts across from the law school. I think we were the only non-Indians in the place, the place smelled like an Indian restaurant every night.
    95-96 - Some new complex off of Woodward
    96-97 - Some complex north near 183.

All were fun. Lots of drinking and weirdness.

3. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

77-78 Jester West 1st floor (Crazy and bad food)
    78-79 Hardin House (I was one of the few not a Parkie, River Oaks or Daddy owns a ranch kids)
    79-78 SRD (Had a lot of fun there)
    80-81 Some bad apartment (Near the 30's and that HEB close to 35) Wow that place sucked

4. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

Mom & Dads house in NE Austin. All 4 yrs plus to more at Austin Community College. [​IMG]

5. TenDeadF1ngerz

TenDeadF1ngerz 100+ Posts

Jester first 2 years, 50th and Duval the last 2 years right by that church. Landlord's name was Barry Gay.

6. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

91-92 Dorm at St. Edwards - Had a blast, but did stuff like went to Mexico on the night before a College Algebra exam. Made a 2.2 GPA. Towards the end I became good friends with these guys that lived in Dobie. They were Texas students and totally taught me how to study.

Transferred to ACC
    92-93 Apartment hell off of Riverside/ Oltorf Lived with 2 of these Texas students. Took easy classes at ACC and brought up my GPA

Transferred to Texas
    93-94 A house with 5 roommates across from Pearl St. Coop / Rio House Apt - This house was freaking amazing. Everyone was either in a band, on mushrooms, or swinging on a swing we had in our living room. At the Rio House, I moved there simply because they had the best parties I ever attended.
    94-95 House next to 30th/ Speedway - Lived here with my Boyfriend, and we fought all the time.
    95-96 House behind Waterloo Records - Would go to school when the sun came up and get home when the sun was down, but had a great time here.

I had a blast. A couple of things though... The admissions folks would laugh at me if i tried to get in now. Also too, it can't possibly be as much fun to be in college now as when I was there. Emo's was just starting, the Blue Flamingo had some of the best punk bands play. I was able to see Crash Worship play in a field in the middle of no where as well as at the Cavity Club. Also too, it was still cheap to live there, but I did notice it getting more and more expensive as I stayed.

I know y'all will think I'm being a snobby, but the parties were amazing back then. I graduated with a GPA just above a 3.0 and haven't a clue how I did it.

7. Black Ninja

Black Ninja 500+ Posts

Jester West and East

8. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

406 West 35th Street and lived there 9 years after graduation.

When I moved back from Denver, got a house at Duval and 49th near The Flight Path Coffee House.

I'm hooked.

9. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Freshman year - Jester
    Sophmore year - apt in west campus
    Junior year - fraternity house
    Senior year - apartment in west campus

10. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

I was going to list it by year of classification but quickly realized that freshman year would have about 4 places listed. So I'll jsut list numerically [​IMG]

1. Madison House on 24th and Rio Grande (I think).

2. College Park off Riverside

3. Apartment off of 26th and San Gabriel

4. Longhorn Station off of Ohltorf in S. Austin

5. ****** apartment on on Nueces right behind Dirty's. (Put on some serious pounds living behind that place).

11. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

Fresh: Dobie Center
    Soph: Apartment in west campus off Nueces(Nueces Oaks I believe it was called).
    Junior/Senior: Apartment on the north side off I-35 behind Pappadeaux...Shadowwood at the time.