where did you meet your spouse?

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Fluffhead, May 20, 2004.

1. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

I got everyone beat, unless someone else has the same story but I wouldn't know since I'm not going through 7 pages on this thread.

Met my wife in Omaha at the CWS; we were both Horn fans which helped break the ice.

[​IMG]

2. snotrocket

snotrocket 100+ Posts

Got intoduced to Mrs. Snotrocket because we are both longhorn fans. We met at Magnolia cafe for dinner. I thought that would be cool with the Sons of Hercules playing at the Continental club across the street. If the date bombed at least there would be good music right? Turns out she digs me and we talk all night. I pop the question at the Texas/Houston game in 2002. We go home and leave straight for New Orleans for the Texas tailgate at sea cruise where we meet a bunch of other cool horns. Turns out another couple at our dinner table just got engaged. And yes he posts on here. She and I go to every game we can together. Any sport. She is as die hard as I am. The friend that hooked us up did a good job.
    We get married the following year and life is great as they say.

3. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Had a house warming party in August of '04. One of my college roommates had been trying to hook me up with this girl she worked with, so the girl decided to come to the party to meet me. She brought her best friend. My roommate hit it off with the girl, and I hit it off with the best friend, but she was dating someone.

Fast forward a month, roommate organizes a birthday dinner/bar hoping night. He's still dating the girl, and the best friend is now single, so she comes along too. We hit it off.

I want to ask her out, but the next weekend is TX/OU (we're in Dallas). I say screw it, if she can't handle me on the Friday night of TX/OU, she ain't worth keeping! I take her out for the party, we have a great time. I literally looked into her eyes while dancing to 'Sweet Caroline' (her name) played by DimeBag at the Barley House and knew I was going to marry her.

Got engaged right before we moved to NYC in Dec '05, married this January.

4. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

We were in an advertising class together in the fall semester of our senior year together. She hated me, because she thought I was a jerk (and she was probably right), but the spring semester threw us in a group together in a different advertising class. One night after we finished a big class project, our group went to the old Jorge's on Lavaca. After three of the classic margaritas, I asked her out to three different concerts coming to the FEC. She also had a couple of margaritas in her, and mistakenly said yes to all my requests. We married 2 years later and have been for 24 years. I always regret ordering that third margarita.

5. Longhorn_94

Longhorn_94 100+ Posts

we met at the end of my senior year in high school in 1989. I saw her out on the field at our school's Spring Fling class contest. my best friend's sister knew her, i inquired about her and bf's sister made the introduction.

went to UT together. married in 1995. in love more today than ever! lol!

[​IMG]

jason

6. diva

diva 25+ Posts

Met at St. Paul Lutheran School on Red River... I was in K he was in 1st. I'm 37 and we've been married 13 years. It's cool that I've known him 32 years. Now our kids go there.

7. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

8. goofyboy

goofyboy 100+ Posts

Her dad set us up. Everyone was in on the set up except me. I thought i was cool. We spoke on the phone for about a week before we went out. She mentioned that she hated long hair on guys, so i cut mine off. I told her that I was not looking for a friend. We dated for 3 years and been married for 1. Oh and meeting the parents was really, really easy.

9. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

In a hotel room at the Holiday Inn in Allentown, Pennsylvania in 1999.

Any more details would make this less interesting.

10. The Muzzler

The Muzzler 100+ Posts

Yea.....I tied the knot again!. I could not be happier. I am married to a smokin Indonesian babe who is 13 years younger than me. I have two georgeous twin daughters. I feel like a kid again. Life is SWEEEEEEEET!

11. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

Ok, I challenge anyone to top this...

In 1996 I went to St. Petersburg, Russia on a mission trip with church. There was a really cute girl there that acted as the translator for our group. She was in her first year of college and I was a Junior in high school...so I had the "college chick" complex. Anyhow, we flirted during the entire 17 day duration and exchanged home addresses so that we could write to each other. (This was before email was standard) We wrote to each other once and never heard back.

2 years later I went to a club in Dallas with some friends of mine. I had bitched the whole evening that I didn't want to go because we were under 21 and had no booze for the evening. But, I decided to go at the last minute. So, we're dancing out there and I see a girl that keeps staring at me. I couldn't make out her face very well because of all the smoke. Over the course of an hour, we inched closer and closer together until we finally backed up into each other. We immediately recognized each other. Turns out that she got a full scholarship to the AI of Dallas for fashion design and had been in town for 2 weeks. Her roomates dragged her out to the club because they didn't want her to spend another Friday night at home alone. We met back up the following night for dinner.

We've been married for 8 years.

12. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

Fall '64, Latin II class sophmore year in HS. Mrs Guibeault always called on her at the end of the class to make sense out of the butchered job the rest of us had made of a page or two of Caesar's Gallic War. Stunning looks and brains, but she was dating some mousey little guy.

Got to know her a little better Spring of '66 when several of us used equations to draw a 4' rendition of Fred Flintstone on the graph chalk board for some parents' night in Algebra II class. We were steady after that.

Talked her into transferring from Sophie Newcombe in New Orleans to UT in '68. We married in '71. I guess I was the first guy to make her laugh.

13. ElHombre

ElHombre < 25 Posts

I like this thread. Any updates from new folks to the board or new marriages this year?

14. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

In major works ( ap) civics class in the Fall of 1963 at Houston's Lamar High School, Mr. Duggans class. Became friends and married 14 years later after I went to UT then vacationed in Southeast Asia and she went to Duke and then UT for graduate school. One of those till death do us part deals.

15. Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison 500+ Posts

I met my wife at an on-campus bar when I was in divinity school at Duke on October 28, 1993 at 6:13 pm. (EST).

No BS....

16. runner

runner 100+ Posts

I met my spouse on the 50 yard line of Royal Memorial Stadium. We were both in LHB (me a Sophomore, she a Freshman), and this was at a water break during practice. First date was Scholtz's later that week.

Next week we celebrate 25 years of marriage.

17. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

Feb 14, 1991 Great Lakes Ill. We were both students at the Naval Training Center Hospital Corpsman School. We were married on Aug 31 that year and will be going on 18 years. However we only served 1 term in the navy. [​IMG]

18. kmac30

kmac30 500+ Posts

met my wife at el arroyo, september 7, 2006. bunch of friends were in town from NYC for the osu game. i had moved back to Austin from NYC that April. called my roommate to come meet us up there and he brought 2 girls. the idea was that these 2 girls were going to be "our group" that we hang out with all the time. i was currently still dating a girl in NYC, but that was just a technicality.

from el arroyo, the group went to union park and then belmont. we were in our own world the entire night. got her number that night. we joke b/c i bluetoothed her number to my phone (i was hammered). met her and her roommate (the other girl) out the next night, then convinced them to come to our tailgate on saturday. they went home when we went to the game and i told her i'd call her after. went to trudy's with everyone after and one of my friends commented on how we definitely had "something" going on.

after a weird dating period (we dated here and there, then didn't talk for 3 weeks until i had a xmas party at my house in dec.), and me dumping the girl in NYC, we started dating in Dec 2006 after my xmas party. i was shocked that she even showed up b/c i had dropped the ball and hadn't called her in a while. took her to Grand Cayman Feb 07 and knew she was the one.

We got engaged in July 2007 and married 3 weeks later, Aug 11th after knowing each other for only 11 months (not pregnant or anything). We've been married for just over a year now and everything is awesome. we were actually talking about how we've been together for 2 yrs now.

*edit to fix sept 2007 to sept 2006.

19. GatorDave

GatorDave 500+ Posts

Check your dates bro. Apparently you didn't meet her until after you had dated and got engaged.

20. UT Spring Branch

UT Spring Branch 500+ Posts

Met her at a job interview - I was interviewing for a job and she was the interviewer.

I got the job.

That was 15 years ago.

21. kmac30

kmac30 500+ Posts

thx GatorDave, little typo [​IMG]

22. jaw43

jaw43 25+ Posts

Man, this is funny. There are like 4 or 5 posters that forgot they posted already (now a couple of years later).

My wife and I met at an old reggae joint in San Antonio called Irie's. She knew the friend I was out with and they were talking about her recent trip to Rocky Mt. National Park. I had just gotten done with field camp for Geology, so I took an interest in what she was saying.

Then I noticed how absolutely gorgeous she was (and is). I thought to myself, I could look at that face for the rest of my life. We've been married 17 years and have 3 chitlins.

Bozo Casanova, did you know a drummer/congo player named Danny Thompson there at the Flamingo?

For sure, this thread is greatness.

23. I Am Texas

I Am Texas 100+ Posts

On a blind date in Valley Ranch set up by a friend at work. We went to Dave and Busters and laughed our assess off at some guy on a motorcycle ride intended for kids...

24. BMBMD

BMBMD 100+ Posts

June 1977. I went into the CR Anthony's store in Levelland, Tx to buy some of those psychadelic looking multi-colored suspenders. The saleslady said "May I help you?" . I took a little peak down her white sundress and thought to myself "More than you could ever know". She was dating some guy who was the placekicker for Arizona State. That night, I ran into her and her bf at the local Pizza Hut just as she was storming away from him. She recognized my face, and asked me for a ride home. Home is where she still is. I can hardly wait to re-post this in two or three years.

25. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

C. R. Anthony's. Sort of like K-Bob's these days, you then knew you were in a ****** small town if there was a CRA's. I had not see that name in written language since about 1977. Thanks for that.

26. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Met her at a Birthday Keg Party at her Duplex. She was living with a gal that was the girlfriend of a guy I used to know at Dobie. Kept watching her glass get low and headed to the Keg for small talk.

Left the party before the end and asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and got her number. I waited until Wednesday or Thursday of the following week to call her back (never call too soon boys) and we went out that Saturday. She had a Friday date or it woudl have been Friday. I didn't know it then but my former roomate had gotten her number and asked her out. Even after knowing I was going to ask her out... little snake.

That was late 83, we were married in 85, and still hanging in there!

27. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

Went on a blind date in Austin to a dance club. It wasn't Dallas, but it was another popular Country dancehall that was popular. (not broken spoke either)

Anyhow, my roommate had a blind date and her friend was tagging along. He drug me along. It was Feb. 21, 2001. I had just graduated UT. She was a senior at UT.

We hit it off immediately. I kissed her on the forehead after our 2nd dance. (No kidding) I asked for her number at the end of the night and she said, "Look it up on the UT directory".

2 days later I look it up and call her. # is disconnected!!!

Turns out that two numbers were transposed. I wouldn't give up and eventually got the # from my roommate. We went on our first official date at the TGI Fridays at the lake.

We married march of 03. One kid later, and I'm still a happy man. [​IMG]

28. spidey69

spidey69 100+ Posts

In '87, I met her friends while wandering the halls on the 2nd floor of Jester West (all Women's and I wasn't supposed to be there). We stayed friend throughout school.

March 23, 1989. Its a Thursday night, my Physics homework is due on Friday and I was struggling with one or two problems. I get a call from the girls above to go out with them and their friends from SWT. I initially said no and they were unashamed in noting that they were looking for a designated driver. I remember asking "are your friends cute", they told me yes.....I told them that I would be right over. On to sixth street (actually just North of there) to a club that was regularly having a Thursday Trash Disco night. I still remember acting the fool to many of the greats.

When I get them back to their apartment, I asked her to wait up and get her number. A week later, I try to call, but have some issue with my long distance card. I have call back to the original friends to have them call her and tell her to call me.

May 1991 - Commissioned, Graduated, Married in 8 days.

2008 - 2 kids later, still married.

29. CJHorn

CJHorn 25+ Posts

Kindergarten. We never dated until college, and took a long break after college, but i knew from 2nd grade or so, and all the way through high school, that she had something special, something "better" than all others. i knew this throughout my entire dating life, both when i was with her and when i was not. Married 1997, now with two kids.

If it ended today, i am certain that i would never find her equal, at least for me. i am sure that i could make another relationship "work" but, in terms of that intangible, interpersonal synergy, she is The One for me.

30. bradford702

bradford702 100+ Posts

I was working in Barton Creek Mall at a store called Lone Star Illusions (the hologram store). It was the Spring of 1993. Her and a friend were in the mall looking for jobs. She asked for an application but we were not hiring. We continued to talk for a while and she asked if I wanted her number. I said "No." Then my co-worker said I should get her number so I did. She was still in high school and I took her to her senior prom. We dated, married in 1996, divorced in 1999 and remarried in 2001. The first marriage was a casualty of age. We were young and unsure of what marriage meant. We now have two children and could not be happier.