Where to Get a GREAT Cuppa Coffee in Austin?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by hookmom, Mar 11, 2003.

1. hookmom

hookmom 25+ Posts

I'm going to be in Austin in two weeks. As is the norm, I NEED to start my day off with a great, strong cup of coffee. I do NOT want to wait in a Starbucks line. Besides, during the day when I am out and about, I will need a fix.

So...where in Austin, around the campus area is a good place for an excellent cup of coffee?

Thanking you in advance.....[​IMG]

2. 111

111 100+ Posts

Not a huge coffee fan but here's the voters choices. There are plenty of local joints to get you a going.

I'd go to Crescent City and start the day of with a nice cup o joe and an order of three (Beignets.)

3. 111

111 100+ Posts

Not a huge coffee fan but here's the voters choices. There are plenty of local joints to get you a going.

I'd go to Crescent City and start the day of with a nice cup o joe and an order of three (Beignets.)Best of Citysearch

4. AkakHorn

AkakHorn 100+ Posts

If you're gonna be south, I'd suggest Ruta Maya Coffee House. It's off South Congress about 1/2 mile north of Ben White Boulevard, behind Expose Men's Club in a new development called Penn Field.

5. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

first off, thanks for the warning [​IMG], second off, I'm very partial to convience store coffee with a bit of hot chocolate. It's a dollar "mocha" and I don't have to deal with the snobs at Starbucks.

6. chance johnson

chance johnson 100+ Posts

We have so many 7-11s here you won't miss a beat hookmom.

7. Not that Bob

Not that Bob 500+ Posts

Texas French Bread. 29th and Rio Grande.

8. capitan

capitan 25+ Posts

spider house

9. BurntOrangeOrder

BurntOrangeOrder 100+ Posts

10. orange-explosion

orange-explosion 25+ Posts

Not Quack's. That place has plenty of "Keep Austin Weird" charm, but their coffee ******* sucks.

11. utexas_61

utexas_61 500+ Posts

Little City on the drag right by campus. I swore that I would never sit in a coffee shot and study, but do now, and that is where a go. Good coffe.