Where will Erin Hogan end up?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by ValpoCory, Jan 12, 2008.

1. ValpoCory

ValpoCory < 25 Posts

With Erin's last day at 1300 on Thursday (as announced by Bucky this morning), will he next go to ESPN Radio?

2. taco

taco 250+ Posts

well that sucks. hopefully he stays in Austin.

F you henson. What a disaster you have been

3. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Who's gonna be on with Bucky now?

4. ValpoCory

ValpoCory < 25 Posts

not sure chuy. They don't even have a Program Director yet, so that will happen first I bet.

But yes, losing E Hogan blows. If he goes to 1530, 1300 will lose many listeners. Many more than they will just by losing E.

5. PillowPants

PillowPants < 25 Posts

1530 morning show against Bucky? Would be interesting...

6. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

lets just say that this blows big time.

Erin really makes that show- Bucky has a weirdness to him (in a funny way), but Erin is the glue that holds that show together.

I can only hope that Chad Hastings would be given a chance to fill in for a while. He and Bucky together might be interesting enough to hold the show- he did pretty well covering for Bucky in December working with Erin.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

This could be goodbye, The Zone, for good for everything. I have xm so I get any games I want. Don't give a crap about six man football or super drawn out stories to make a simple point so no Craig's show either. Though I love Craig and appreciate all he knows and does.

Time to change my presets completely. I hope they find a way to have him stay or that 1530 picks him up, Bucky quits and heads over there too.

8. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

did he quit, get let go, can someone fill me in on what happened?

b&e was one of the things that made my mornings bearable. [​IMG]

9. ValpoCory

ValpoCory < 25 Posts

E quit. The Zone took their sweet time rewarding him with a much deserved better contract/salary, so he left.

The Zone's attempt to keep E was too little too late after he told them he was quitting.

10. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Last one out of the Zone, please turn out the lights.

11. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

how much do you think guys like b & e, aj & greg, & craig way make? just curious, i wouldn't even know how to make a guess

e leaving sucks i just hope he stays in town

12. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

im done with 1300.

13. BeatYaEasyEasy

BeatYaEasyEasy 250+ Posts

Austinites can say they're done with 1300, but the 1530 signal sucks (at least it did last when I last lived in Austin...last year) and people will still tune in for Longhorn and Cowboy events and be drawn back to the station.

14. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

1300 signal doesn't suck?

I don't know where you listen to this station after the sun goes down, but you must live very near their transponder.

15. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Bucky to RB coach.

16. Subversion

Subversion < 25 Posts

I believe 1530 recently increased it's signal power.

17. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

E. Hogan was on Friday's show? WTF?

18. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

Seriously, where is Hogan going? He is the only reason I was hanging onto 1300.

19. ValpoCory

ValpoCory < 25 Posts

E's last day is 1/17 if I heard Bucky correctly.

20. ValpoCory

ValpoCory < 25 Posts

1530 may have increased power, but for Spurs games, WOAI AM1200 out of San Antonio is far clearer, even in North Austin/Round Rock.

1530's signal at night is horrible. Much weaker than 1300's

21. TexHorn06

TexHorn06 25+ Posts

1530 is supposed to do something in the next couple weeks to improve their signal, at least that's what Sean Adams (one of the afternoon hosts) is saying.

22. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

1300's signal is strong like bull from SM to Georgetown. 1530's sucks ***, even during the day.

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

As said above, 1530 is boosting or doing something to increase their signal. I cannot wait for that. I have no problem picking them up when I listen (during the day) but in parts of town it is weak later on. A timely boost will do them wonders in the ratings.

1300 needs to make another attempt to swallow what little pride they have left and work at keeping what little talent they have as well. Bucky is good but with E there, he is great. Without him, not so much. Sorry Bucky, gonna have to bail on ya buddy.

24. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Man this sucks, that show was excellent. I really like both Bucky and Erin, but the sum of the parts probably exceeded the two separately. I'll give Bucky's new show a chance, but I fear it will disappoint compared to the current show's chemistry. Hope Erin surfaces in Austin, but he probably could go national.
    Yeah, screw that idiot that ruined the Zone. I hope he never appears in Austin again. How does he get jobs? Does he have a relative in the hierarchy of Clear Channel or pictures of somebody with a goat?

25. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I moved from Austin about 5 years ago.
    Loved Bucky but always thought Hogan sucked.

26. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

Considering I can't pick up 1530 on my drive home down Mopac from 183 to Rollingwood, I think they need to worry about the signal before they hire any new taltent.

27. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

28. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

1530's signal is only getting boosted at night. AM stations have some weird regulations about how strong their signals can be at certain times of the day. That's why you can get WOAI 1200 out of San Antonio damn near to Memphis at night - it's a "blowtorch" - one of the few stations that can broadcast w/ 50,000 watts.

29. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

accurate, the no talent *** clown gregggggg is supposedly going to try to start a business in Austin. I cannot wait to find out what it is.

30. #3Rules

#3Rules 250+ Posts

Loopy - He is opening a Jungle Java franchise-The Link I heard about it on that message board of GH haters. Also on his blog -The Link