Where will Erin Hogan end up?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by ValpoCory, Jan 12, 2008.

1. sportswriter

sportswriter 100+ Posts

It's not true that all ESPN radio affiliates are requires to air Mike & Mike in the mornings. Lowly Corpus Christi has a local morning show that airs instead of Mike & Mike.

2. gmh

gmh First Time Poster

I am a big fan of the show. I started listening in 2000 and I thought they were decent, but I really found they developed a great chemistry. Somehow, the show works. Erin is very good at breakdown and analysis and has strong opinions he can usually back up with numbers and examples. I met Bucky when he was a minor league football coach of my brother-in-law's football team (Austin Rattlers) and I found him very genuine and a good person. I really hope the end up on a sow together somewhere.

I don't know the exact changes at the station, but when Chad and Kevin were relieved of their duties, you got that gawd-awful Gregg and AJ show. Then all of those stupid commercials ...

"When sports news breaks, we're on it like ...

* flies on sugar.
    * Rick Ankiel on HGH
    * An Oklahoma Coed on a feedbag
    * Bobby Knight on a projectile
    * Charlie Weiss on a twinkie ...

LAME LAME LAME LAME. Glad that Henson guy got fired.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Having the two of them end up on the same sow would be sooiiiieeeeet.

5. D_Wreck11

D_Wreck11 250+ Posts

How much more can the Zone possibly F-up? I've been a big fan of their show for the past few years --post the Simms "f the haters" era, but I was wrong and they were right on that deal. E has gotten much better over time and is worth listening to on his own, but is even more entertaining with Bucky by his side. It's like the Zone cut the noose down by firing Henson, but then slit their wrists in the process by cutting E loose.

6. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

oklahoma coed on a feed bag was funny.

but every other one was lame.

7. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

"...like Lance Armstrong on the Olson twins."

What?

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

They still play some of those idiotic commercials during the morning show. While I am sad that Erin is leaving and that tomorrow is his last day, part of me is glad I can just flat out not tune in there any longer, period. After tomorrow I am setting my alarm to something else.

I will put on xm in the mornings and listen to Czaban.

And I sure do hope that Bucky does indeed head to wherever Erin is the second his contract is up. Then Craig and then anybody else I like. Then 1300 can go out of business leading to the bankruptcy and end of Clear Channel.

Hey, a guy can dream.

9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

1200 is often fuzzier to me than 1530 or 1300, even in the evenings.

But it doesn't matter how strong your signal is if your content isn't.

10. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

[​IMG] I moved to Austin 9 years ago. I have listened to the Zone for a long time. I like that I can get a quick fix of Longhorn info while I drive to and from work. First they mess with the afternoon show and put those 2 yahoos on the air. Now they mess up the last show I really enjoy listening to during the day. ( Sorry Craig but Im working while you are on and cant listen) Im not sure who is running the ship at the Zone, but they should be sacked. I can tell you I will listen to Espn if E ends up over there for sure.

Matt

11. ceedy

ceedy First Time Poster

12. WLHornFan

WLHornFan < 25 Posts

I heard Erin say this monring that he was staying until the 31st. There was some reference to being a team player. I gathered that meant that the station asked him to stay a little longer for some reason and he agreed to do so.
    He said he loved doing sports talk radio in Austin and hoped that would be in his future and also said it would be great if he and Bucky could join up again the future.

It sounded to me that he was hinting that he would be on another station soon and Bucky would be joining him at some point. Anyone know when Bucky's contract ends?

13. dontlookatme

dontlookatme 25+ Posts

Bucky said this weekend that his contact was up in July, and thats all he knew. Sounded like he wasn't really planning on staying on much past that. i have read elsewhere that Erin will not be back on even though they talked on the show today like he would be on till the 31st. Sounds like the higher ups may not have liked him openly saying he hoped to work with Bucky again soon.

14. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

15. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

[​IMG] Looks like Bucky and Erin over slept this morning or maybe not HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

[​IMG] Looks like Bucky and Erin both over slept this morning or did they HMMMMMMMMMMM

Matt

17. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

Man,

That was painful to listen to. I half expected Bucky to tell the world to go f**k themselves.

He really needs to get off the air this morning before he says something really stupid and get himself fired....

We feel for ya Buck, tell the higher ups to have someone else handle the workload today, its obvious you have other things on your mind and you ned a day to calm down.

18. oldgeezer

oldgeezer 25+ Posts

Sounds like there's no E in KVET anymore.

19. bkjester

bkjester < 25 Posts

Good luck to you E. First my afternoon show (Hastings not Greg and AJ), now my morning show...

AM1300 the zone... why do you want me to stop listening?

20. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

I was listening on the way to work and they had FOX national broadcast on. Was Bucky on before that???

21. bkjester

bkjester < 25 Posts

Buck came on at 7, he mentioned he had a family issue. He was late, but he was expecting E to be on.

22. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

The following is a copy of an email I sent to Bucky and to the Sales Manager today. Not expecting any reply because of the way things have transpired the last 5 months but it made me feel better.

Wow!

I am 54 and have listened to 1300 since 1993 exclusively or at least it was exclusive until this last Sept.

Though my age isn't in your preferred marketing segment, my 26 and 24 year old sons are.

The three of us are absolutely astonished that what used to be our favorite, no, only station has screwed the pooch so badly.

Please pass along our best wishes to Erin, Chad, Trey and Kevin.

And best wishes to you, Bucky and your family member having surgery today.

23. jthomen

jthomen 25+ Posts

Let us know if you hear back from them...

24. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Bucky DID NOT sound happy this morning. He was very professional (yet sarcastic) about it.You could hear it in his voice and phrasing that he wanted to let loose.

I particularly liked the way he talked about being part of a "Team" and "The Team" and how all his listeners were part of "The Team"...

Whoever is running KVET seriously has their head up their nether regions. They could have had the afternoon show that's on 1530, but they blew that, then they got rid of a pretty good afternoon show and replaced it with the two ***-clowns that almost killed 1530's sports (though the one guy by himself is actually turning into a decent sports talk guy), now they'e lost half of their really good morning show. [​IMG]

And now it sounds like they've come this close [imagine two fingers about a paper's thickness apart] to pissing off the other half of that show. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pretty suck-*** mis-management of turning what had turned into a pretty good station into a suck-*** one. [​IMG]

25. TorresC

TorresC < 25 Posts

[​IMG]

I emailed Bucky this morning and asked who I could contact to voice my complaint about this idiotic decision. I will certainly be contacting the management of Clear Channel to let them know that they are "sinking the ship" and that the Station Manager will be the "lone violinist" on the Titanic.

I hope that the rumors are true and that E ends up on ESPN. I also hope that Bucky joins him when his contract is up.

Good Luck E!!

26. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Mike G just hummed the ESPN theme when Bucky was talking about wherever Erin ends up.

27. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

Buck said a few minutes ago that he was there "...today on January 18 because I'm contractually obligated to be here."

28. Hayden_Horn

Hayden_Horn 1,000+ Posts

conspiracy theory alert!

clearchannel brass probably got tired of the litany of listeners wishing erin well and erin saying things like "well, we just couldn't come to an agreement," and bucky saying things like "i'm sure you'll do fine wherever you go," and both of them talking about "team," etc.

and i can't help but wonder if this isn't clearchannel's way of trying to make erin look poor in bucky's eyes and trying to turn bucky against him so they can say "erin left you high and dry, man, sorry about your family member." and i think its backfiring spectacularly. bucky is PISSED, and i don't think he's pissed at erin.

/conspiracy theory alert!

29. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

If I listened to sports radio I might care.

30. MattRN

MattRN < 25 Posts

I hope 1530 will hire all of the KVET staff. I think they could be great additions to there already entertaining afternoon show.

[​IMG]