Where's al Baghdadi?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Oct 27, 2019.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I don't know how he handled it either. I'm sure someone will tell us at some point. Obama was busy that night slicing and dicing at the correspondent's dinner solidifying the monster that is our 45th President. :)

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I was more entertained by the cables. I was an IT guy once and there's a serious need for some zip ties on that conference table.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ok Bubba
    I get it. thanks

BTW Leon Panetta alerted several members of Congress about the OBL raid without the White House's permission.

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

He meant the boo-birds were deep state types.

5. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

That was the joke. But he’s not even sure those were boos.

6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I can admit it, I didn't get the joke. Thought it was referring to Trump being a that game.

As far as the video posted by Bubba, I couldn't tell they were boos. I have seen other videos that made it much more clear.

7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

There's a precedent. Bin Laden's death sparks brief outburst of respect from Bush-era Republicans

Before announcing Bin Laden's death to the public on Sunday night, Obama phoned Bush and Bill Clinton, who had been in office when al-Qaida attacked US embassies in east Africa.

8. horninchicago

My point was that he common courtesy and well established precedent of not bad mouthing the sitting POTUS has been destroyed by Obama and Bush. Why would Trump notify him? Every Democrat is trying to impeach Trump. Why would he reach out to any of them and trust them to keep it quiet? How can he?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I would agree with you on everyone but the former POTUSes. Even with this dumpster fire they understand that they are in a very small fraternity of former POTUS and they don't talk poorly of the next guy. Maybe I'm biased but I've not seen Bush or Obama talk poorly of Trump. Am I wrong?

10. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

They have.

When former POTUS’ from both political spectrums are critical of your administration, a better man might take stock.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. horninchicago

Here is just one I found real quick, but, yes, he has been critical. Jimmy Carter has aid trump isn't a legitimate President.

9eb00b32-b09b-11e9-bc5c-e73b603e7f38_story.html

12. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

There you go LA fans, a Dodger made the World Series after all

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That's weak sauce compared to DJT's twitter feed. Surely you'd agree with that...

14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

This one dog hero did more for our country in one day than all the democrats in Congress could do in the last 1,010 days. But keep on trying to impeach.

:yikes: :brickwall:

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The people at WaPo are crazed Haters.
    Mass murderer and serial rapist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi did not die a coward – a Washington Post columnist argues – because instead of being captured, he blew himself (and three children) up instead.https://t.co/lhKJr3mbe7pic.twitter.com/ZE5WronypA

The columnist Max Boot later removed that sentence

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. horninchicago

Trump has 5 more years until he is a former POTUS. Then we can talk about his tweets. Trump definitely tells it like it is in his tweets, I'll agree with that.

17. horninchicago

That Max Boot really spilled his guts there didn't he?

18. horninchicago

Even Morning Joe calls out the "Lock him up" chant. Blames Trump's rhetoric, of course. Does he mention the times he and Mika said Trump should be in jail and impeached? His rhetoric I guess is okay, but at least he did call the losers out.

joe-scarborough-world-series-lock-him-up-chants-sickening

19. horninchicago

There is a video on CNN's website titled "Obama unleashes on Trump in speech". I have tried several times to link it on here and can't get it to do so for some reason. Not weak sauce IMO.

Again, why would Trump trust Obama when it has become clear the Obama Administration spied on his campaign and knew of the Russian meddling in 2016 but did nothing since Hillary was supposed to win? No one would give a predecessor who did those things the "common courtesy" Rice said Trump should have given.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They didn't do anything because it was going to appear as if they were putting their hands on the scales. Then, after figuring out that they needed to do something, the day that they did release a measured statement about it the Access Hollywood "grab them by the kitty cat" was released and about 40 minutes later wikileaks/Russia released the first of the Podesta emails. Those Russkies are smart with the propaganda. Then the debate happened.

I've long held that if Bill C. had not done the Loretta Lynch tarmac talk then Comey would not have felt obligated to do the HRC stuff and she would have won. Ironic that Bill likely cost her the presidency.

21. horninchicago

Wait a minute, they knew of Russian meddling and did nothing but then Trump was investigated for colluding with Russia while meddling. Okay.

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

sigh... Colluding is different than investigating. Don't worry, Bill Barr is going to get to the bottom of it....

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

24. horninchicago

Bubba, your folks only cared about the meddling after the Wicked Witch lost the rigged election.

25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I do agree, but Jimmy was always prone to being a weak sauce kind of guy.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've been thinking about this, and the over-the-top contortions the media is doing to deny Trump credit or praise is laughably predictable and petty. If they want to ask questions about what's next with ISIS and the terror threat, that's fine. Those are fair questions. However, if you're going to let Obama do the victory lap, then you look partisan trying to deny the same lap to Trump. And the rewriting of history to make Obama look measured is absurd. He talked about his part of the process quite a bit, and of course, "Osama bin Laden is dead, and GM is alive" became a major campaign slogan. Republicans were pressured to give Obama credit. I doubt that Democrats will be similarly pressured. The Adminstration was so committed to the "we won, and I'm great" narrative that its State Department was willing to lie about a subsequent terror attack to keep the narrative alive.

Nevertheless, I do wonder when it became acceptable for Presidents to overtly try to claim credit for a military victory. I listened to Truman's VE-Day speech and FDR's D-Day speech. There was virtually nothing self-centered or self-congratulatory at all in those speeches, and I think people would have viewed it as tacky if there had been. Hell, FDR led the nation in a prayer that would cause the modern Democratic Party to set itself on fire.

The bottom line is that I'm not a fan of the politicization of military victories. But I'm even less of fan of double standards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I agree with you mostly. But one thing left out is Bush not getting credit as well for Bin Laden capture. The Dems had issue with water boarding and it was doing that technique that got us a name of a courier that was then tracked to where Bin Laden was at. Also remember Obama was adamant on his feelings toward water boarding as being torture.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

best frontpage in America
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN - “Was Baghdadi Raid Dog Motivated by Islamophobia?”

WAPO - “Sources: ‘Hero Dog’ Repeatedly Ignored ‘Sit’ Command in Helicopter”

NYT - “Delta Force’s Belgian Malinois, Breed a Favorite of Hitler”

MSNBC - “Cat Advocates Demand Equal Military Opportunities”

The DNC- " We demand to know if the K9 was sensitive to the NUN-Binary, Cisgenderism, and LGBTQETC COMMUNITIES. This dog of war clearly demonstrates the white hetero male dominated society in the K9 world that we should be all frankly terrified of."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And, for the record, Obama did not notify congressional leaders prior to swapping 5 Taliban terrorists from Gitmo in exchange for the traitor Bowe Bergdahl. No MSM outrage back then. Go figure.

• Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019