Where's Jody These Days?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by justabbfan, Jan 14, 2018.

1. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I recall the past several seasons that Jody was always "in the house" for games and TV networks telecasting the game tended to briefly mention her and show her watching the action. I've not seen her at the last few games or she may have been there but not shown. I remember hearing that she was not really encouraged to have interaction with the team when GG was here but Karen welcomed her advice. Anyone know if she still comes to the games?

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I've wondered the same thing... haven't seen her at the games I've attended.

3. airtightskipole

airtightskipole 25+ Posts

She’s still there. I’ve seen her at over half the games this year. She was there yesterday and at the games last week.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

She doesn’t always sit under the basket where we usually see her. She also just sold a house and moved so probably a bit busy

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

She spent some time with KD when he was on campus recently.

6. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Ive seen her at all the games that i've been to this season just in a different seat. She has even been in the house a few of the mens games also

7. Karen

Karen 25+ Posts

We usually see her on floor seats, behind the basket, on the side of the Longhorn bench side of the arena, but on the side of the basket across from the bench (to the left of section 34).

8. NEGU13252311

NEGU13252311 < 25 Posts

Jody is at almost all of the games. She has different places she can sit/people to sit with, but keeps her eyes on the girls and the team. During the GG era, there was a lot of talk about what she was/wasn't allowed to do, but from my understanding it was more about Jody trying to back off and let GG have a chance to make a name for herself, without stepping on any toes. KA came in, and Jody was her mentor, so it made sense to see her getting more advice/feedback from Jody.