Which would you choose: beat OU or beat AM?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Burnt Orange Bevo, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Obviously, beating both this year would be sweet (and extraordinarily unlikely). If we can only win one of these two games this Fall, which would it be...

(A) Beat OU, knocking off our Big 12 arch-rival and the #1 ranked team in the country, OR

(B) Beat A&M in their Big 12 "farewell & see you in hell" closing game in College Station, a la Nebraska last year in Lincoln.

Losing to OU will reinforce and extend Bob Stoops' and the Sooners' reign over the Big 12, and losing to A&M will give the gomers eternal bragging rights that they will carry with them to the SEC! SEC! SEC!

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I choose Erin [​IMG]

3. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

she's a tall drink of water. hot.

4. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

oh, yeah, back to the subject. i'd choose to beat aggy. i don't work with sooners, but obnoxious aggy (oxymoron) I do. i'd like to shut. them. up. for. good.

5. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

This year Aggy..any other year OU. I want to kick their asses on the way out. [​IMG]

6. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

Wow those look big from the side................ What were we talking about?

7. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

If I have to choose, I'd rather beat OU. Any year.

8. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Is this a trick question?

The significant one.

When A&M becomes significant every century or so we'll see 'em in the championship. Until then, let the door hit them in the face.

9. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Oklahoma is the team Texas wants to beat
    Texas A&M is the team Texas has to beat

10. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

NEVER ask a question on the same page with a pic of Erin! What was the question again???? Legs....legs....legs.... [​IMG]

11. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I was staying in a hotel room once next to Erin Andrews and.....oh, never mind

12. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

Why would ANYONE want to see that naked?

The quick, easy, and obvious answer is ou. And second place...in this case...ain't even close.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, lil brother. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

OU because they are always ranked and it matters...A&M is ranked (this year) and is no one on the college football landscape

14. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

I'd rather beat A&M as a nice goodbye and GTFO gesture. I love beating OU more than A&M but I hate losing to A&M more than losing to OU.

15. Dr_Bob_Rio

Dr_Bob_Rio 250+ Posts

The sentiment has never been more accurately described.

16. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Two proverbs that pretty much sum it up for me. Of late, never more true.

17. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Ditto what Hu_Fan said. Burnt Orange, your sig is very distracting.

18. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Always aggy.

19. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

I thought about this last year, and said Nebraska, and I'm very happy how it all played out. Same for Aggies this year. While I would love to se Texas beat OU, if I *HAD* to pick one it would be to beat A&M (assuming A&M is truly leaving after this year).

20. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

I don't wanna hear Aggy chanting SEC SEC SEC, can't they just go to the SECond without all the attention?

21. laidbackhorn

laidbackhorn 25+ Posts

This year, Aggies! Defer to the explanations of earlier posters:

"Oklahoma is the team Texas wants to beat, Texas A&M is the team Texas has to beat."

AND

"I love beating OU more than A&M but I hate losing to A&M more than losing to OU."

22. ampUT

ampUT 100+ Posts

Never use the word "beat" something while posting a picture of Erin again. This has set my "beaters anonymous" 12 step back to the stone age.

23. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

Beat aggy, no doubt.

I'll be screaming "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR AGGY" at the top of my lungs at Pyle this year after we win for the final time.

24. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

Tough choice for sure. But us old timers were raised in a divided state where the first goal each year was to beat atm. All good things followed that.

25. Lake_Travis_Horn

Lake_Travis_Horn 500+ Posts

This year, A&M. Any other year, OU.

26. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

Gotta send aggy off right.

27. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

OKlahoma is College Football Royalty, with a pedigree to match ours. The ags are, well, just the ags. N.O.K.D. (Not Our Kind Dear).

28. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

We absolutely MUST beat aggy this year.

29. Doughbroz

Doughbroz 250+ Posts

The thought of having to listen to aggy shout "scoreboard" for the rest of my life fills me with dread. I wish them "death by whomp 'em".

30. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

This year it is aggy. Normally I would say ou but if the farmers leave the conference and we drop their butt forever......scoreboard!