Whittington to change positions

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Olehornfan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

I expect our defense to be very good. See First half of TCU, ISU, Baylor, and the bowl game kind of good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Let's revisit the JWhitt stat post real quick in case any aggies venture on here who likely struggle with math...

38 games played
    68 total TDs
    1.79/game
    Including 40 WR 18 Rush 5 INT 5 Punt 1 KO
    416 Total points
    10.95 per game
    Total yards offense and defense
    160/game
    Dude had 548 yards on interceptions alone

Let that level of contribution sink in...
    ...But don't get too excited...He did fall short in one area: Punted once for just 8 yards. Maybe it was a punt from the 8 1/2??

3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

while true, your point is way off base, in that Shipley was very effective for us

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The play of the O Line will be a factor in our run game, as will the play calling. I hope we don't see much or any of the "delayed draw" type plays this year in our running plays. Giving a standing still RB the ball 5-7 yards behind the LOS won't hack it. If the RB gets the ball quickly and while running coupled the with Line opening holes, the backs may have a field day vs USF. If not, it will be a tough day for the RBs. So, I hope our O Line has a good day not only against USF but also against every team we play. Need better balance in the run-pass metric.

5. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Not only do our backs get the ball deep standing still, but Herman/Drayton has them running slow to the hole. And usually the SAME hole 99% of the time.
    The few times we ran a quick pitch/sweep action; Sam held the ball too long and allowed defense time to react and contain...D****** thing I have ever seen at any level of football.
    I hope this new OC fixes things.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  6. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I think you will find both Bijan and Keontay choosing their holes before charging into the designated gaps. Both are patient runners. Bijan has elite acceleration and moves, so he can afford it. Keontay is sometimes too patient but I think he learned a lot this year.

7. BurntOrangeLH

No early to mid twenties as Quan had a Minor League baseball career.

8. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

point taken

• Like Like x 1
  9. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

oh I am pretty sure they were both 35 when they left....

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I wish, but I doubt it relative to Ingram. Love his passion but the dude just doesn’t see the hole well, and probably never will. If Bijan can (see the hole), we’re going to finally have a breakaway threat...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

There's been holes??

12. BurntOrangeLH

Bijan makes creases into gaping chasms. I think Keontay made large strides this year identifying openings. Muscular bulk and increased speed helped, doubtlessly.

Roschon made great improvements also in identifying the timing and path of the blocking play.