Who has best seafood in austin?

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by CHorn, Jun 3, 2009.

1. CHorn

CHorn 25+ Posts

Looking to take girlfriend out for her b-day need hornfans opinion on the best seafood in austin. Price doesn't matter. [​IMG]

2. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

eddie v's.

3. Skipper

Skipper 100+ Posts

Speaking of Eddie V's, are the lights still turned down way low in the dining room proper? I know I'm getting old and the eyesight isn't what it used to be, but the last time we were there I literally couldn't read the menu in that lighting. Or was this maybe just an aberration from the normal?

4. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

its not just a seafood restaraunt, but chez nous has the best fish dishes i have had in austin

its a chain, which i am typically not into, but houston's has outstanding fish of the day specials. if they ever have the grilled snappper topped with lump crabmeat as their special, get it. their smoked salmon appetizer is awesome

eddie v's is way up there, as is roy's

5. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

second on the roy's rec. we were there two weeks ago for our anniv. if you call in and let them know about her b-day, they will have a custom personalized menu page in honor of her birthday.

rewards for you shall follow.

6. Skipper

Skipper 100+ Posts

scottins - we did Roy's for our 25th anniversary 3 years ago and got the same treatment. Outstanding food and service.

7. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Sort of like asking "who has the best tex-mex in Minneapolis," isn't it?

8. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

9. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

Roy's

And I couldn't read the menu in there the other night either.

But I always get the same thing.

Once you hit 40 fellas, you are going blind.

I promise you this.

10. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

They told us it would make us go blind, or at least squint, and they were right.

11. Puffer

Puffer 250+ Posts

i had a sea bass dish at green pastures the other day that was outstanding.

12. Basketball Jones

Milk:

My comment was only slighly exaggerated. I have yet to find any seafood in Austin that compares to what you get in a coastal area.

13. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

I think you will find many people who will disagree with you, and some of them might note that, since the invention of the airplane, Austin has been able to get fresh seafood, too.

But, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

14. Basketball Jones

Really? What is an airplane?
    Yes, you are entitled to your opinion.

15. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

Shoreline was always good and the Trio at the Fourseasons is top notch as well.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Horn9497

Horn9497 100+ Posts

Perla's is pretty good. I've only been there once--didn't love it but I liked it.

17. BigLeonard

BigLeonard 100+ Posts

We went to Perla's this morning for Father's Day brunch. It was terrific. Everyone loved what they ordered.

18. RayDog

RayDog 500+ Posts

19. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

quality seafood market. Not very classy though.