who to go for between AM/KU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Fievel121, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

I guess KU, if we beat them in the championship game, then we pretty much assure ourselves of the #2 in Houston.

On the other hand, do I want to listen to aggie for the next year about how great there team is because they beat Kansas.

2. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

What? The idea is to get KU out of the way, if possible.

I doubt it's going to happen. I don't care what A&M gets out of it.

3. NavinRJohnson

NavinRJohnson 25+ Posts

Yeah, I'm conflicted. Almost rooting for aggy because it would be so much sweeter to beat them in the championship game, but for seeding, beating Kansas might be more meaningful. I doubt that though because the decisions will likely be made before tomorrow's game is over.

4. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

Painfully ATM. Anyone also in the ballpark for a 1 or 2 seed we must pull against.

5. NavinRJohnson

NavinRJohnson 25+ Posts

...and by the way... does any one else think "Chaka Khan" every time they talk about Sasha Kahn? Sasha Kahn let me rock you let me rock you Sasha Kahn... [​IMG]

6. toughandcool

toughandcool 100+ Posts

aggy...I'd really like to see us win this tournament and it's not going to be easy against ku in their backyard.

7. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

Navin, put the green stuff down [​IMG]

8. texashorn

texashorn 100+ Posts

We beat KU in the finals, f the #2, we will be #1 seed. Go Kansas! I want their *** in the finals.

9. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

yeah, I guess A&M is it.

But, I don't think beating A&M in the final helps us get the 2 in Houston. However beating Kansas would. In a very strange convoluted way, I don't think we gain any ground on KU if they loose today.

10. NavinRJohnson

NavinRJohnson 25+ Posts

but I promise it's stuck in your head too, now. [​IMG]

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I'm pulling for A&M just so we won't have to play on KU's home court tomorrow.

12. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

anyone watching this game. And if so, can you give me an update on how the teams are doing.

I guess no matter who wins, we're all going for a very long, physical game......with 5 overtimes.

13. jmtamu

jmtamu 250+ Posts

tied at 34 at the half.

The Ags are playing pretty well, but have made some dumb mistakes.

We'll see if they can hang in the 2nd half.

14. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

15. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

I know it doesn't sound like it makes sense. Right now most commentators have KU ahead of us for seeding purposes. If they loose today, they chalk it up as KU was resting their players, ect... But that arguement goes out the window if they make it to the finals v. Texas

And Texas beating KU didn't seem to have an effect on most of the commentators so far.

16. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

For one more day aggy can be a basketball school if they beat Kansas.

17. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

Come On Overtime!!!!

18. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Aggie is imploding. Nice effort to hang for most of the game though.