Who will Oregon hire?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Alex_de_Large, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

I hear Mark Few or Jamie Dixon. What ever happened to Steve Lavin? Oregon is building an awesome facility and they will spend alot of Nike money to get a good coach.

2. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

P.J. Carlesimo

3. Alex_de_Large

I actually did hear PJ's name as well. An Oregon buddy of mine was not happy at all to hear that.

4. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

I have the PERFECT guy!!! Still young,tenacious, hell of a recruiter, tons and tons of tournament experience.

5. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

turge isnt going anywhere.

6. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Isn't Lavin in the media?

7. PropositionJoe

they could and should poach steve alford from new mexico

8. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Here's an article from today's Oregonian regarding Oregon's future basketball coach...

Link

9. PropositionJoe

i might be naive. but that article seems very very ambitious...

i dont think they'll land any of their top 3. i could be wrong, but i'd be shocked.

10. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Jerry Tarkanian

11. DrRad

DrRad 250+ Posts

They may go to 2 mil per year. They will likely make a big splash, Recall, for baseball

"The Oregon Ducks' fledgling baseball program wanted a big name as coach, and it got one of the biggest:

George Horton, who guided Cal State Fullerton to a national title in 2004, will take over the Ducks' baseball program, recently reinstated after a 26-year hiatus."

fromThe Link

12. Alex_de_Large

I didn't realize Turgeon had ties to Oregon. This could get interesting.

13. PropositionJoe

they wont pay their bball coach more than they pay their football coach. kelly's contract is at 1.4ish right now. he'll probably get bumped up to above 2 after the 2010 season.

with that being said, i think that they'll offer anywhere from 1.6-1.8 to a HC. turge will probably be making that (after renegotiating his contract at A&M) after the tourney...and with the money being equal, i cant imagine him leaving to go turnaround oregon. just makes no sense.

i might be cursing myself with this statement, but the only school i will legitimately be concerned about losing turge to is kansas. if kansas opens up, and they look to him, i'll tip my hat and say best of luck.

oregon is a non-factor.