Who's coming to Pasadena?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HighPlainsBevo, Sep 9, 2011.

1. HighPlainsBevo

HighPlainsBevo 250+ Posts

I think I may have screwed myself with a ticket on the UCLA side, but what the hell. I'll be there Wed afternoon through Sunday...it would be great to meet up with fellow Horn fans. Email: texaspaul2007@yahoo.com [​IMG]

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

I would be interested to here how people get from LAX to the Rose Bowl. I want to fly out and back on Saturday but am not really interested in busting out $100 for a taxi each way. That's gonna be the biggest expense in the entire trip

3. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

Rent car. Work expense. I work for a Cali company and get to go to bakersfield on monday [​IMG]

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Longhorny, look into the trains. There is a train line that goes right to Pasadena and they have transport to the stadium. You can easily get to Union Station from LAX. Take a shuttle bus to a train line and for under 20 bucks you are there and back.

You are a celebrity. Have Matthew Bongos come pick you up.

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Here we go, this is what I was thinking about but had to google it. The price is up from 5 to 7 for one leg of it but you can still do it for less than 20 bucks round trip. It goes till 11 pm so you should be golden.

Game transport for 20 dollars, Alex

6. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

We're RV'ing at East Shore RV parkThe Link
    30 minute drive to the Rose Bowl. Lake, pool, fishing, etc. Hope to see a few more Longhorns there. [​IMG]

7. HighPlainsBevo

HighPlainsBevo 250+ Posts

Bump

Staying at a hotel on Colorado Blvd..have Thursday and Friday to kill. Word up on any rallys/get togethers.

8. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

3 in my group.

9. BV Horn

BV Horn 100+ Posts

2 here, staying near Old Town Pasadena

10. Longhorny630

Flights are wide open for me to fly out sat morning and come back late sat afternoon. looking prettay prettay prettay good

11. Two staying at Sheraton in Pasadena. Section 16H, Row 4 at Rose Bowl! [​IMG]

12. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

Manhattan Beach where you can see the ocean!!!

13. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

Westwood on Friday.

14. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Longhorny, take a look at flying into Burbank. It's closer and Southwest goes there...

15. jhwutx

jhwutx 100+ Posts

Party of 10 in Pasadena...4 of us are leaving Wednesday to stay in the wine country of the Santa Ynez Valley. Early muster on Saturday morning.

16. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

Hey, be sure to check the tailgate thread on the "stands" board.

17. blym

blym 250+ Posts

18. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

jhwutx -

if you need some recommendations check out the following wineries - Demetria, koehler, and shoestring. with a party of 10, I would call ahead and see if you can get a tour (firestone has a good tour, but wines were just ok).

19. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

20. HI_McDunnough

HI_McDunnough 500+ Posts

I'll be there DAWG!

[​IMG]

21. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

Manhattan Beach !see you in section 13!
    [​IMG]

22. Longhorny630

my employer doesn't fly direct from chicago to burbank, so itd be easier for me to go ord-lax. thanks though

23. oak forest horn

oak forest horn 100+ Posts

Will be in Burbank Saturday morning. [​IMG]

24. Zona Horn

Zona Horn 500+ Posts

Flying in Thuirsday night. Are TexasExes having another big tailgate?

25. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

Flying into LAX Saturday Morning

26. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

Me, Bone Jr., and two others arrive in San Diego Thursday and will hit the brewery trail ending up at Four seasons W. Hollywood friday. we have planned a special beer tasting event at the Blue Palms on Hollywood Blvd Friday night that will focus on some of Firestone Walkers rarer products. Everyone is welcome.