Who's your fave TV cooking personality?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by NCAAFBALLROX, Dec 29, 2006.

1. doylehargraves

doylehargraves 500+ Posts

Giada. If you're a guy and you say anyone else, you need to have your card checked.

2. bevosayshi

bevosayshi 250+ Posts

Is Giada that girl of Skandanavian origin?? Rick Bayless would be cool to get drunk with and then beat the ever-loving crap out of.

[​IMG]

3. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

Lidia Bastianich..mama mia, she can whip up an Italian feast in minutes.

4. DLev

DLev 250+ Posts

5. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Giada tasting a bad creation of hers . . .
    The Link

6. michaelpshayes

michaelpshayes 25+ Posts

7. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

Bourdain rules. Culinary-related or not.

And call me crazy, but I'd like to feast on Nigella('s dishes).

8. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Are you telling me that Giada is cooking something when she's on TV? [​IMG]

9. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

I enjoy AB - the humor, the science, the techniques.
    His recipes do take some tweaking.

I used his fudge recipe over Christmas, as I just scored the traditional pecans. With 4 oz. of chocolate... it tasted like sugary , bland fudge... no chocolate taste whatever. So I made more, but used 7 oz.
    Wow, its rich.

Eye... Gotta Go!

10. Beamwalker

Beamwalker 250+ Posts

Alton Brown is fun to watch on Iron Chef, and Morymoto makes the coolest looking things.

Giada is def. the best eye candy. The way she pronounces thing is annoying sometimes though. The barefoot contessa really pisses me off.

11. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

I liked Jamie Oliver. (Naked Chef) haven't seen him around in a while.

12. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

America's Test kitchen has a lot of food you would actually cook and eat. Their peanut butter cookie recipe is to die for. They are absolutely the best pb cookies I have ever made.

I enjoy the science behind Alton Brown's show.

I do not like cooks who put tons of sugar, honey, or other sweets in their meat and meat sauce cooking. If I want something sweet, I have desert. I do not want sugar in my meat or veggies for that matter.

Justin Wilson and Julia, God bless their souls, were fantastic. My favorite among the living are Pepin, Daisy, Skip, Martha (love her or hate her she cooks food would you eat), Mario, Ina, and love, love, love Paula's party.

I do not mind Paula or other cooks using butter or mayonaise. Many health experts are now telling us to go back to using natural products because our body knows how to handle them. I believe America's long love affair with margarine and the hydronated oils used to make them have done more harm to us than good.

Jacques and Julia are the gold standard for cooking shows. They have never skimped using cream and butter in their recipes. They did practice moderation and a good mix of fresh food in their diet. Julia was still very active into her 90's and Jacques is in his 80's.

13. TRRW#31

TRRW#31 250+ Posts

The ultimate for me was Sakai from the original Iron Chef, but AB, Flay, and Mario are probably my favorites. I like looking at Rachel Ray. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Sarah Moulton from Sara's Secrets. I had almost forgotten about Yan Can Cook. That was probably the first cooking show I ever watched. Remember he had that smokin' hot little assistant!

I like watching Emeril, but I don't get why he get's all those applause for using garlic. I use garlic all the time, and I don't get any.

14. bevocbs

bevocbs 250+ Posts

Cookingwithmarie.com (she's a Longhorn).

15. oxen23

oxen23 < 25 Posts

definitely Alton Brown. even my 9 year old son watches it with me and the wifey

16. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

17. stay off my farm

stay off my farm 25+ Posts

I enjoy Gordon Ramsay as well on BBC. I also like Ming Tsai, he actually used to be on the food network, on East meets West which was a great show.

Alton Brown is my favorite on Food Network, and I also like watching Daniel Boulud's show on INHD "After Hours"

18. recycle bin

recycle bin 25+ Posts

For recipies I always go with Tyler Florence.

For education Alton

For pure enjoyment Giada.

19. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Alton is my favorite - his knowledge, both on Good Eats and Iron Chef America is jaw-dropping.

I like Bobby Flay's recipes the best.

Mario Batali is the one I'd most like to cook for me and to hang out with. That dude is awesome.

20. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

Tyler Florence making the ultimate is the best. I have made some of his recipes and they are good. Barefoot contessa has some good recipes mostly for special occasions and I have made those as well with good success. I have tried Rachel's recipes but not with as much success, except recently the chile.

21. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

22. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

melikes, Sara Moulton, Sandra Lee, (both have enormous breasts and Sara actually knows what the hell she is doing and I learn a lot watching her),

Marcel Desaulniers, the Death by Chocolate guy, has his own PBS show Death by Chocolate is always making Ganache.

Alton Brown of course, Justin Wilson, Julia Childs both the real one and Dan Ackroyd's impersanation of her (SAVE THE LIVER, OOOOOOOOHHH, I FEEL FAINT!)

Anthony Bourdain, his books are hilarious and he eats and drinks lots of weird **** on TV, very entertaining and educational.

And what the hell is wrong with big heads? Giada has enormous breasts to go along with the head and her mom is hot as hell too.

I also like Jill Cordes of "The Best Of" she's hot in a kind of a not very attractive chick kind of way and she's not annoying like that $40 a day skank.

And Graham Kerr (The Galloping Gourmet) is a riot too, he was about half smashed on his shows all the time.

I also liked Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet.

23. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

If Sandra Lee were paid based on what she actually has to offer, she would be homeless.

24. tumbleweed farm

tumbleweed farm 25+ Posts

Justin Wilson, R.I.P.

25. horninSA

horninSA 25+ Posts

26. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

Marcel Desaulniers is good, but Jacques Torres makes Marcel look like he is still in pre-school.

27. Cap33

Cap33 100+ Posts

Barefoot Contessa, in my opinion, is the best. As someone said earlier, her recipes are relatively easy, and they are always really good.

As far as the professional chefs go (and there are fewer and fewer of them with their own shows these days), Sara Moulton is very informative. I also really like Flay and Florence, though I'll admit I couldn't stand either one at first.

28. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

I like watching Flay and Alton Brown is a good instructor, but I'll agree that Ina Garten (the Contessa) is probably the best as far as actually providing recipes you can use. She is obnoxious as hell ("for this, I like to just grab some framboise out of my pantry"), but if you get past that, she tells you how to make things in an easy way and the stuff is great. Second place is Tyler. His is the only cookbook I have paid full price for and I turn to it a lot.

Semi-homeade with Sandra Lee is a freaking joke. ("for the white sauce, I like to use this white sauce mix"). Her holiday cake episode is a classic. She uses store bought angel food cake and canned frosting (which she colors blue, green and then brown) to make a hannukkah cake, a christmas cake and a kwanzaa cake, topped with cornuts.