'Why are people from Texas........so proud?'

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by txboy_in_az, Jun 10, 2008.

1. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Texas Wahoo, I would agree with you save that the people from the North don't identify with their city. At least that was not my experience. Surely, they could have said, I'm from DC, or I'm from NYC. They didn't. They seemed to associate with a region, not a city or a state. I can see where you are coming from. I think that is why people in Texas often live in a suburb or general area, and then claim to be from the nearest big city.

I'm from Pantego.... but most people in Texas even don't know where that is.

2. Texas Wahoo

Texas Wahoo 1,000+ Posts

3. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

A bit of a hijack but a good story nonetheless"

my grandmother passed away. She had relocated from Lubbock to LaPine, OR, near Bend. She had a great, long life, yada yada. When she passed it wasn't a tragedy nor a surprise. Anyhoo...In the two or so days between her passing and the funeral, I was bored shitless....so, to pass an hour or so I go to the local barber shop, a little two-chair dealie, for a haircut. The barber, a female (no lady for sure) is snipping away, and asks where I am from.

Now, as a proud San Diegan I usually get "oh, what a beautiful place" or "Oh, sea world is so cool" or "oh, I was there when I served in the Navy", etc.

This broad goes, I **** you not, "San Diego...I was there once...too many queers for my taste".

I almost shat myself.