Why are people paying...

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by WhoseHouse, Oct 1, 2008.

1. WhoseHouse

WhoseHouse 250+ Posts

$750+ on eBay for an iPhone?? I don't get it. I lost mine over the weekend and went into the at&t store and bought a new 3G for $200. I wouldn't have even paid that if I had a choice, but I gotta have a phone.

As a side note, I ended up getting my lost phone back , and have listed it on ebay, and it looks like I'll profit about $100 for getting wasted and leaving my phone in a cab. My karma must be allsome....

2. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

I predict a sharp decline in the market for stupid ****, starting......now.

3. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

Maybe they live in a country where you can't buy them yet? That's the only thing I could think of. Otherwise, stupid.

4. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

or- fraud.

hijack a legit account- bid up the phone (or whatever) above its cost, send you a 'certified' check that accidentally was drawn for $300 more than it was supposed to be and viola! fraud for dummies

its becomming so rampant that it has the potential to literally bring eBay down.

MSNBC had a report about 4 months ago that anywhere from 10-15% OF ALL AUCTIONS every day were either fake/fraud items, faux items sold as real (like designer purses and clothes), or had fraud bids win them.

In fact in specific sections- "autographs, sports memorabilia, and designer clothes; almost 75% of the postings were considered to be "suspect"

5. BadgerinATX

BadgerinATX 250+ Posts

I'm guessing fraud too. I've seen bids over $50 for $50 gift certificates on eBay.