Why are we 4-3???

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by mchammer, Oct 30, 2021.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Card canNOT read the defense and hasn't since he's arrived.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Don’t worry. Reports on Twitter is the monkey has a cannon arm and 3 year’s eligibility. We’re good :hookem:

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

We’re a freakin joke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Another game, another halftime lead, another blown halftime lead. At least we had a retired stripper + monkey to talk about this time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I can't help but wonder if Sark calling plays from the sideline is a detriment to success.
    When your upstairs you can see what is happening all over the field. You can see if the safety is cheating up or if the cornerbacks and linebackers are cheating or maybe i am talking about tendencies of certain defensive players that Sark could take advantage of.
    So i am thinking it might be advantageous to bring in a play caller someone who can see from upstairs defensive tendencies and be creative to exploit them. How much can Sark see when he is crouching down holding his card of plays?
    Now I understand Sark loves to call plays it is his bread and butter and I know he loves being on the sidelines with his players so that's why I recommend bringing in a creative Sharp experienced play caller. Of course sark can always use his veto power whenever he thinks he has a really nice play call that he feels will work. But let's face it, Sark sometimes (or maybe often) gets dull and uncreative in his play calling especially in the second half.
    Maybe he figures, well we've ran that successful play already in the first half so we can't do that they will be prepared. Then by default, because of a time crunch, he goes to a run up the middle which gets stuffed.
    Also as the head coach he's got other considerations during the course of play which distract from play calling.
    So i think having a guy upstairs whose sole focus is calling plays would be beneficial.
    But I am reasonably sure that there's only a 1% chance of that happening.:idk:

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yeah, I made a similar observation on another thread. It might be time to let the OC be the OC and he become the head coach.

8. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’m sure yes fed information from upstairs in the booth constantly. And there are some things you can see better on sidelines than anywhere else. Mainly, individual effort or the lack thereof, for one thing. Tendencies like that are much easier to determine up close vs in the booth.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

His play calling I like. Texas easily could have been ahead 14-3 at halftime if his players executed.

10. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have always maintained that a HC on the Power 5 level should not be the OC or DC or play or defense caller. He can't do both jobs with the same intensity so compromise takes over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Updated title -
    Why are we 4-5?

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well, my guess is because we lost 5 games.