Why did Axel Foley never see Jenny again?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Mike_Tyson, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Or did he and we just not see it? Perhaps she was masking her laughter and was truly pissed at Axel for almost getting her killed by her boss.

There's a rumor going around that a 4th one is in the works with the original cast being involved, Axel, Taggert, Rosewood, and Bogomil. Serge would need to be in it as well. But how awesome would that be? It could be the film for Murphy to start being Murphy again. His kids surely had to have grown up by now to where he can start making films that made him great.

2. daddy day care was murphy.

ok.. it wasn't. wazzupwit

3. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

They better bring back Harold Faltermeyer to do a new "Axel F" theme. I'm sure he could use the work.

4. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

The old cast would be legit...gotta bring in Sidney Bernstein too...

5. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

ESPN's Bill Simmons had an interesting theory about Axel being gay:

During breaks in the Skins-Hawks game, I was flicking over to "Beverly Hills Cop" on one of the HD channels, and maybe it was seeing Jenny Summers' come-hither smirk in high definition for the first time, but how did I never notice the smoldering sexual tension in the scene when Axel brings his old friend Jenny back to his Beverly Hills hotel room and she lays down on his bed and bats her eyelashes at him for a couple of minutes? For God's sake, she did everything but take her clothes off and assume the missionary position, and yet Axel was more interested in ordering room service for Taggart and Rosewood. I don't get it.

Which leads me to my $64,000 question: Was Axel Foley secretly gay?

In the first two "Cop" movies (I refuse to admit that "Cop 3" happened), Axel didn't have a girlfriend, and we never saw him hook up with a single girl. In "Cop 1," he convincingly pretended to be Victor Maitlin's lover in a public restaurant. In "Cop 2," he ruined what could have been a fantastic time for his buddies at the Playboy Mansion by starting a fight for no real reason with a suspected bank robber. In "Cop 1," he made Taggart and Rosewood follow him to a strip joint, almost like he was overcompensating, then spent more time looking around the club than looking at the girls. In both "Cop" movies, he ably served as a platonic friend for Jenny and Lt. Bogomil's daughter (without ever making a move on either of them); he clicked with two obviously gay characters (the ones played by Damon Wayans and Bronson Pinchot); and he loved playing a perverse cat-and-mouse game with Taggart and Rosewood (two guys). And he was willing to risk his job and his life to avenge the murder of his old "buddy" Mikey, who just happened to be coming back to "crash" at Axel's apartment on the night he was murdered. We're sure Axel Foley was straight? We're sure?

(Here's how we'll get an official answer once and for all: If Logo starts running either "Cop" movie. That's how we settled the "Was Bull Durham a chick flick?" argument years ago, when it started running on Lifetime. As far as I'm concerned, the ball is in Logo's hands. They would know better than me.)

Simmons

6. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

Banana in the tailpipe.

7. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Herpes Simplex 3

8. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

Didn't Foley's Jenny die and get buried? Wait... No, that was Forrest's Jenny.

9. RyanUTAustin

Axel wasn't gay...he even told Billy it was OK if your dick gets hard at a strip club, its supposed too.

10. RichUT

RichUT 250+ Posts

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Acck-mel... Acck-mel Foley...
    Would you like a little twist of lemon? I make it myself!
    Get the f**k outta here!

12. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

I hate to use this...but you must look at 3 to see that Axel is straight. The Disney-wanna-be lady who worked for Uncle Dave, she and Axel appeared to kinda hook up.

A 4th BHC would be allsome, though. Everytime BHC or BHC2 comes on HDNET I watch it. I DVR'd Coming to America today.

13. RyanUTAustin

The Royal Penis is clean your highness

14. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

15. RyanUTAustin

Ya you better tell him to get checked out before things start falling off the man!

16. orange-explosion

orange-explosion 25+ Posts

E xcuse me, doc, what does it mean when you go to the bathroom and fire shoot out your dick?Let me get this right. So you're getting a burning sensation when you urinate?

No, fire shoot out my dick
    , is all. A burst of flame fly out my dick when I pee
    . I can't even pee in the house, I burn my house down. I gotta go outside. I was outside peeing, dude tried to mug me, I turned around and burned him up on the street. Because my dick is a blowtorch, is what I'm trying to say.

17. sanchezvilleda

sanchezvilleda < 25 Posts

he was too busy taking care of his twin daughters: Monique and Unique...

18. Fetoid

Fetoid 25+ Posts

Not gay.

In BHC1, when they get to th playboy mansion and all the bunnies are running around, he looks down at his dick and says something like "Wake up! This is what I've been telling you about all those nights!", or something to that effect.

19. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

and then the big brown shark came...

20. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

Well, we need a third Fletch, that's for sure...

21. TyphoonSe7en

TyphoonSe7en 100+ Posts