Why did the crowd take so long to realize...

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by beav0, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

I'd probably be concerned about this, as much as I were willing to care, if Texas were the only place it ever was an issue; it appears to be an issue at every school.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Maybe Texas needs more fans like Vanessa Chiapetta.

3. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

I hope the crowd is loud tomorrow. Our little brother in CS would be LOUD the entire 40 minutes (on defense) if they had a chance to reach the Final Four!

This is a huge game and the team needs a loud crowd for this huge and difficult game!

[​IMG]

4. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

it's a joke if reliant isn't rocking against memphis. big ******* game tomorrow, today, whatever. Someone earlier mentioned UT fans dont know how to cheer basketball, hell, I'd say the same about football too. very laid back atmosphere at most events except baseball.

hopefully all the Horn fans will be in their seats by tip.

[​IMG]

5. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

6. jerwilliamz

jerwilliamz 25+ Posts

Houston fans are just lame in general. Astros/Rockets at least have really lame fans. Old Texas fans are lame too and most of the students aside from the O-Zone. The rich alumni grab up all the tickets and then show up to the games late or leave early and barely cheer. It's discouraging.

7. childress

childress < 25 Posts

I was at the game and our band differred to Stanford's band pretty much the WHOLE game.
    Like a previous poster said - our cheerleaders didn't do anything. I am not talking about their dancing skills or how pretty they are - I am talking about getting the crowd involved.

I would think part of the "responsibility" of the band and cheerleaders would be to get the fans involved in the game - and the fans clearly weren't for most of the game.

8. BA93

BA93 1,000+ Posts

You had maybe 25K Texas fans in a stadium meant for 70K. Short of screaming, it cannot get loud in there. Even then it won't be heard by anyone more than 50 feet away. the sound will just get lost in the vast open space.

Reliant can get extremely loud when packed. For the major Texan games (ok, just one: the opener against the cowboys), everyone's ears were still ringing the next day.

Too bad that the NCAA wants money as opposed to a basketball atmosphere.

And maybe if you were sitting next to Memphis fans, they seemed loud, but overall they weren't. I was sitting two sections over from their alloted section, and could barely hear them. Maybe the sound carried to the other site of the stadium but not to my section. I give you that a good percentage of their fans were jackasses (i.e. Cowboy hat, long hair douchebag sitting in section 109) but I don't think they were loud.

9. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts