Why does the SEC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Denmark, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

play so many patsies this late in the season, what a waste of the fans' time and money. I hate when they are scheduled, but when they are, it's like preseason. I hate preseason in November [​IMG]

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

You mean why do they play Little Boy football late in November?

To keep from dropping in the polls with a late season loss. The plan is to end with 1 or 2 losses, but in the Top 10. And with 1 loss, in the Top 3 or so.

Can't do that if you play serious games throughout November. Your lone loss, or second loss, just around Thanksgiving, will cause you to shuffle places with top ranked teams even in your own conference.

3. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

4. scottyhorn

scottyhorn 250+ Posts

Hu Fan you are correct Sir

[​IMG]

5. FireRC

FireRC 500+ Posts

Like a conference championship game?

6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Real problem is they only play 8 conference games. So unless you play them all early you are going to have one late. No need for the SEC to play tough OOC games. You win the SEC, you're in the NC game most years. So why take the chance? Can't really blame them for that. Would be better for the fans to play 9 conference games, but I'm sure the coaches don't want to take the risk.

7. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Because voters penalize late losses more than early losses (see 2008).

9. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

and other than Bama, the rest are struggling: florida up 10 to 0 at half vs jacksonville st, South carolina tied at half vs the w-sips, UGA up 10-7 vs Georgia southern

10. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

Jacksonville St.
    Gerogia Southern
    Wofford
    Western Carolina
    Alabama a&m
    Sam Houston St.
    Samford
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Denmark

Denmark 500+ Posts

I'm guessing about 80k per game at $80 gives 6.4 million + conce$$ion$...and I wonder why Americans voted Bush in twice [​IMG]

12. Oakhill Horn

Oakhill Horn 250+ Posts