Why Has LeBron Turned Into Lamar Odom?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Rex Kramer, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

Anyone see his stat line tonight? 17-10-10. Very nice, but 17 pts with an unhealthy "sidekick" tied up 2-2 in the Finals is bad. All he needs is a fat reality show star wife to complete the transformation.

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I see your point, but OTOH, 27-10-5 might look a lot better, but it still probably means a 112-103 Dallas win.

3. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I don't see the comparison. With Lamar Odom you are talking about perhaps the 4th most important scorer in their lineup behind Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum. With Lebron you are talking about a superstar who was the 2nd leading scorer this season and one of the top 2 players on his team.

Would be a better comparison, if trying to take a shot, to say why has Lebron turned into Pau Gasol?

4. PhantomHorn

PhantomHorn 1,000+ Posts

King James has been anything but "clutch". He only has 11 4th qtr points the entire series.

5. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

Lebron is soo much better then Kobe Bryant.

I dont care about rings and championships.....just look at the stats.

The guy had a triple double last night.....he's an amazing, amazing player.

6. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

Bron gone, Wade, and Bosh combined for 12 turnovers last night. Can't win with your stars giving the ball away like that.

And I'm not sure how much more Lebron can have left in the tank. He has been playing some ridiculous minutes. 4 of the 5 games thus far he's played more than 45 minutes, and the other he played 40.

7. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

he could not buy a shot last night, but is due for a 38pt break out game

8. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

How many possessions did Miami have last night and on how many of them did they score points? If LeBron had 50 points, that means that other points would be taken away from other players stat lines.

It doesnt matter that LeBron didnt score 40. Its how many the damn Heat scored. Cry me a river that he didnt score a higher percentage of his teams points. They still lost.

9. TexasFan81

TexasFan81 25+ Posts

I love you SIG Rex, that's so neat. That's one of my favorite beers too.

"Fat" isn't half of what's wrong with her.

10. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think LeBron has tremendous heart, tools and basketball smarts. Hell, even Magic and Bird, with talent around them better than LeBron has in Miami, weren't invincible.

11. Horns2005

Horns2005 250+ Posts

The Heat were -24 with Lebron James on the floor. Wade and Bosh were +3/+4.

So Lebron not scoring meant his team wasn't scoring. Especially when James is on the floor and Chalmers was on the bench. With Wade having to distribute the ball, James is the shooting guard... and he kept passing out 4 feet from the basket late in the game.

It's like the basketball version of the bubble screen.

12. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

Anyone think Lebron was on the take? I mean he did absolute **** for most of the entire series. Maybe someone has compromising pix of his mom...

13. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

14. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts