Why is Saudi Arabia doing this?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Nashhorn, would you care to elaborate? What do you disagree with? There are examples in both the recent past beginning with Serbia, then Iraq, Libya, Yemen. Syria. Venezuela is in progress as is Iran.

I might also add Russia, China, and Korea, but they are able to hit back militarily so we just wage economic wars against them.

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The poop was for war period - excepting defending the nation from invaders/aggression, etc. not commenting on accuracy or inaccuracy of your beliefs. I try not to go there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Ok. I guess I stand corrected. I think.

4. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, Mus. The US Deep State has been world class at propaganda since at least the Lusitania incident.

5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Well, I still don't suggest killing people, so I get to hang out in nice places. If I did there are some places on Lake Travis I would start with.

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Party pooper.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

If you're looking for mountains and lakes, Austria and Slovenia are beautiful and are cheaper than Italy and dramatically cheaper than Switzerland. I like Switzerland, but I don't go unless I'm ready and willing to get thoroughly bent over.

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I’ll add those two to the list.

Gracias!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Maybe we should go to war with New York or California, those places deserve democracy and liberty.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m convinced that when Ahmenijinabad (or whatever his name is) used to get on the air in Iran and scream about how he’s about to destroy Israel, part of his motivation was to cause a pop in oil prices.

11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

And to think, 10-20 years ago the pundit class (far removed from the oil patch) was sounding alarm bells about running out of oil...

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

That alarm went off on the 1970s.

13. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I remember that well. I think of it every time I hear how climate change will destroy us in - however many years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not a pretty picture again today
    Looks like the June WTI contract will go the way of the May contract

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Oil prices will stay low until the economy opens more or less completely. Demand is super low around the world. This problem is caused by government edict.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The paper of record in Houston is actually run out of San Francisco which puts them in the odd position of being anti-fossil fuel. They actively cheer 1/3 of their subscriber base losing their jobs. Here is their piece on the energy sectors beginning to suffer
    The great Texas oil shutdown has begun

17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

'American shale explorers are rapidly crimping production in the country’s most prolific oil fields as the worst price crash in history threatens the industry’s survival.

Three of the biggest oil explorers in the U.S. -- Exxon Mobil Corp., Chevron Corp., and ConocoPhillips -- plan to curb as much as 660,000 barrels a day of combined American output by the end of June. Across the county, crude production by all companies has already tumbled about 1 million barrels a day since mid-March, when OPEC and its allies clinched an historic deal to trim global supply.

It’s too soon to tell how long the reductions will last but if implemented for a full year, they would overshadow any previous American production slide going back to at least 1984. Moreover, the pull-back puts the U.S. on track to fulfill the Trump administration’s pledge to removing 2 million barrels of daily supplies through market attrition....'

The Great Shale Shut-In Has Begun, Making Good on Trump’s Pledge

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes there will be more driving this summer as people avoid airlines and commuters avoid mass transit.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The rig count continues to set new record lows

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

What he's saying is that Montreaux, Switzerland has something in common with the Montrose in Houston...
    :smile1:

(You lobbed up an easy softball to hit...)

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

At least in Montreaux, you get to be in a really beautiful place while you're getting bent over. In Montrose, you get bent over (literally), and you're still in Houston.

• Funny Funny x 2