Why is there a longer break in SA/NO series?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Ramathorn, May 17, 2008.

1. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Cleveland/Boston playing tomorrow?

2. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

I guess the league decided the oldmen on the Spurs needed more time to recover.

3. HornFan16

HornFan16 100+ Posts

4. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Wait, maybe it has to do with Detroit ending their series earlier?

5. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I guess they'll get better ratings on Monday night than they would on a Saturday or Sunday. Seems stupid to me and I only get to watch 1 game this weekend.

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Glad the game isn't on Saturday night. I'll be in College Station for the baseball game there.

7. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

I'm trying to follow the money here. Could it be that TNT has to have a certain number of games?

8. MeaHorn

MeaHorn 500+ Posts

They obviously don't want to compete with the WNBA opening day. [​IMG]

9. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

TNT has the WCF. I'm sure they had some sway with the schedule. So, to meet it, both the Lakers-Jazz winner and the NO-SA winner have (had) to be available to play Monday, if their series were over.

10. lnghrn005

lnghrn005 250+ Posts

TV schedule. TNT wanted the WC game. Det-Orl would have been tomorrow had it gone 7 and LA-Utah would have been on Monday had it gone 7.

11. Drew Shirley

Drew Shirley 100+ Posts

NBA didn't want any competition on Saturday with the opening day of the WNBA season.

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The real TV reason is that if the Hornets and Lakers had both won game 6, NO-LAL game 1 would have been in the exact same Monday time slot that is currently taken by SA-NO game 7.