Why no love for KD here?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by giveemhell, Jun 12, 2019.

1. giveemhell

giveemhell 500+ Posts

Kevin Durant has been one of the greatest ambassadors of all time for the University of Texas, and up until a few weeks ago many considered him to be the best basketball player on the planet, yet not a peep about him here on Hornfans throughout the playoffs or after his devastating injury. Why is that?

2. 4th_floor

4th_floor 1,000+ Posts

The 1 and done thing probably.

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

He was on campus for a grand total of about 4 months and our entire program is a $hit show. He was a good player for the 35 games he played but honestly I don't really think of him that much as a Longhorn. Ambassador or not what has he done for us to really care about him?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. old65horn

old65horn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019 at 6:57 AM
  5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

KD has been supportive of UT at every opportunity; showing love by showing up, flashing Horns, wearing UT stuff, giving money, etc.

I love KD, and why not. He's always behaved as a stand up guy, doing the right thing with class; and being a fine representative for The University. Above all, he is an excellent human being.

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery. :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

I'll clarify first that I don't dislike KD...have nothing against the guy. The question was why no one is talking about him and my point was he was here for 35 games and a few months.

The $3mil donation is awesome because I think that's the largest donation by a former athlete back to the program. National player of the year is more his award not for the university. I guess we have a trophy, but it really doesn't do anything for us.

I guess it boils down to he wore a Longhorn jersey for a few months, won some awards and left. Is it cool to say the best player in the NBA played for Texas? Yes! Do I really think about him as a Longhorn? Not really.

7. giveemhell

giveemhell 500+ Posts

Our basketball program may be a **** show, but I'm not sure what that has to do with KD. I can't think of anyone other than TJ Ford who's contributed more to the program after his time here:
    Shaka Smart expands on Kevin Durant’s impact on Texas basketball

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tico

Tico 25+ Posts

There's not much love for the BB program on this board at all. The women's BB board has constant traffic

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada Liquor Man

That's just because those people love to have a never ending stream of slap fights with one another.

10. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 500+ Posts

Without Kevin Durant, Golden State is a toss up for the title. That's my props to him....he's the difference maker....and they lost without him....