Why no news about Julian Washburn?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by bierce, May 20, 2010.

1. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

With offers from 6 Big 12 schools (UT, Kansas, A&M, OU, OSU, Baylor), and a top 130 ranking (comparable to Marcus Thornton), you'd think there would be some mention of Julian Washburn's decision, inability to decide, agonizing over his decision, something.

Google his name and the news page only shows articles by Gary Washburn writing for the Boston Globe. Neither Rivals nor Scout show his interest in any school to be "High," just a lot of "Medium."

All I've managed to find is one twitter feed circulating a rumor that he won't qualify, but I have no idea it the rumor has any basis in reality.
    The Link

He then claimed the source was Evan Daniel.
    The Link

Unlike Brown, Washburn finishes the dunk (end of vid).
    The Link

2. horns58

horns58 100+ Posts

That's Chris Washburn's kid right? Wasn't there some recruiting flap about him and his younger brother with Seton Hall before this season? I believe they briefly enrolled at St. Patrick's in New Jersey before returning back to Duncanville.

3. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Chris Washburn asked how his sons' mother could afford the tuition at St. Patrick's. St. Patrick's was being investigated for off season practices. The Washburn kids soon returned to Dallas.

The Link

4. horns58

horns58 100+ Posts

With all the wing players we have on campus and already verbally committed to come in next season, wouldn't signing Washburn be a little redundant?

Then again, with Johnson graduating after this year and the possibility that Hamilton could leave if he has a great season, I guess it would be nice to have another lanky and athletic 6'7" forward to throw out there.

5. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

WKU fans think he's waiting for an SAT score and going there.
    The Link

6. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

DeAndre Daniels is on the way and we are a big player for LeBryan Nash. Not to mention any other 2011 prospects we could get it on. No need to take a lower-rated SF for this class IMO.

7. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Although the rivals database says so, II don't think we've offered Julian Washburn

8. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, I didn't mean for this thread to read like a demand that Texas go secure his services. I was just curious at the complete lack of information on the intertubes about his intentions.

Rivals isn't the only recruiting site stating Texas offered.

9. skymonkeyhorn

skymonkeyhorn 100+ Posts

We still need a real PF/C that can run and rebound,unless the 3 bodies at the end of the bench have seen the light and jumped the shark and can start to contribute.

10. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Then we still need a PF/C...