Why was the game on CBS?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by OrangeHair, Jan 22, 2011.

1. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

In Houston at least. Great win but surprised our friends at ESPN/ABC didn't pick it up.

2. 2 Hats on 290

2 Hats on 290 < 25 Posts

And does anyone know if it will be replayed on CBSCS?

3. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

I was trying to figure this out too.

I suspect because CBS carries the tournament, they also get to pick some of the more significant national games each week?

they also carried ohio state and illinois earlier in the day.

4. Win

Win 100+ Posts

I think they broadcast at least one Big XII game on the weekend. If my memory serves me correct, the times we've played Kansas on a weekend in the past, the game was on CBS.

5. AdMark

AdMark < 25 Posts

Um, maybe because they're a national TV network that shows sports?

We have a game or two there every year.

6. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Having marquee games on CBS is the norm, not an anomaly.

7. OrangeHair

OrangeHair 250+ Posts

I didn't realize we had a contract with CBS, thanks.

8. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

The UNC game earlier this year was on CBS as well.

9. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

What difference can it possibly make, as long as we're on???

[​IMG]

10. jagdilly69

jagdilly69 100+ Posts

Agreed...on TV is good..especially up here in Chicago. Don't mind CBS as it starts feeling more like March Madness time.

11. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

I didn't mind the CBS broadcast. Clark Kellogg shared several quality observations, and Verne Lundquist really seemed to get caught up in our rally and subsequent roll (not surprising given he's an Austin High Maroon and TLC alum).

12. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Kellog and Lundquist What good observations? Yea Kansas played good D in the first half but so did Texas. Didn't hear anything about that........ Second half all they kept saying was how Kansas kept missing their shots, nothing about the stifling Texas D.

Then one of them goes into some crap about how Gillespie and Self talk every day, I don't that very highly. What unrelated male does another grown male talk to every day that does not work together? Either it is ******** or Self and Gillespie are Secret Lovers!!!!

That crap about the 1922/23 National Championships what a joke, I guess that wasn't Lundquist or Kellog but that just adds more to the ******** that was the announcers.

Lundquist needs to be put out to pasture and I actually do like Kellog but he needs a new partner.

13. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

14. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

15. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts