Wikileaks ever released any dirt on Russia, Putin, etc.?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by OUBubba, Jul 12, 2017.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Just curious. Have they?

Some claim that Assange is essentially a FSB operative. I have enough sense to know that I don't know.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've never heard of them releasing anything adverse to Russia. Is Assange a Russian operative? Hard to say. There's only one guy here who would know that, and he's not likely to tell you because he doesn't want to end up like Alexander Litvinenko.

3. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

If a whistleblower had dirt on Russia, why would he turn it over to Wikileaks? The best way to expose the information would simply be to turn it over to the western press. That way the whole world will have access to it and would be considered legitimate.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It depends on the information and on the western press source. But it's irrelevant, because unless you want to wear cement loafers, you're not going to blow the whistle on the Russian leadership.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

There are those in DC who would like to have put Snowden in cement loafers. Manning was merely administered soft torture and a long sentence before Obama let him go.

6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They might like to, but they didn't. And Manning got off light - and only because he was a tranny that Obama could exploit to virtue signal. A Russian-equivalent of Snowden would be very lucky to be in a Siberian labor camp.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Julian Assange himself is for all practical purposes in prison, courtesy of the criminal US Deep State. Or perhaps would you might phrase, world arbiter of all that is fair and just.

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Authoritarian governments have a much greater threat of violence against an individual. Snowden/Manning knew at worst they were looking at a long jail sentence in a federal penitentiary.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

No, there's a difference between being in prison and being on the US's **** list. Assange is generally a free man, but obviously if he enters the US or a country that would turn him over to the US, he'd be in serious trouble. Of course, if Assange was working against Putin, he'd just send someone out to wherever Assange was and put cyanide in his tea.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Musburger1

Musburger1 2,500+ Posts

Perhaps you are a deep state troll? Generally a free man? He was holed up in an embassy for how many years? And on what charges, a bogus rape accusation orchestrated for the purpose of having him extradited to the US or one of its puppet states?

What proof can you say Putin would have ordered someone poisoned? The unsubstantiated guilt of the Ukrainian politician. Perhaps that was ordered by Putin. Perhaps it was a frame job and the poison was administered by the CIA or MI-6 for propaganda reasons. No one knows. Least of all you or I.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm too critical of US policy.

Compared to what he deserved, yes he was a generally free man. Living in the Ecuadorian embassy isn't prison, and it's not a death sentence. If he had done the same thing to the Russian government, he'd be a dead man.

I have no proof he would order him poisoned. That's speculation. He might order him shot, thrown off a building, drowned, strangled with a G-knot, etc.