Will AJ Play in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Truck's Son, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SL Xpress

SL Xpress 500+ Posts

You mean 6'3 Royal Ivey? With knuckles that drag the floor? That Royal Ivey?

You feel like AJ Abrams and Royal Ivey are pretty comparable basketball players, do you?

2. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

I think he was probably saying that no one would have thought that Royal Ivey would have every made a living as a 4th year NBA player, just like a lot of folks don't think AJ will make a living as an NBA player. Hell, Royal Ivey never averaged 10 points a game at UT (IIRC) and was drafted as a defensive stopper primarily.

3. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

4. dahobbs

dahobbs 100+ Posts

5. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

6. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

No way. He will earn his wealth in Europe. I agree with SL's analysis here. If hell freezes over and he does make an NBA active roster, I will eat crow.

7. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

I very much doubt it. But if he's a great point guard, who knows? He's certainly taller than the Earl Boykins of the world - who by the way, at 5'5", is still in the league.

8. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

9. VinceFord

VinceFord 100+ Posts

I think it is a long shot. The only two guard that's done it at his size (that I can think of) is AI. It would be more likely that he could do it if he was a great point guard. Who knows, AJ could be a great point guard. Barnes has played a great point guard at SG before--Gibson. And with Gibson we did not even have a DJ like point guard.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

AJ, right now, would not make it in the NBA. But, he's not going to the NBA right now. He's got another season. It'll depend a lot on how much he improves between now and then. If he develops a consistent midrange jumper off the dribble, he'll be a lot more valuable at PG because not a lot of guys can do that well. Of course, Mouton did that well also and didn't make it in the NBA - but he didn't seem to really pursue the pros much either.