Will the GOP ever have any Health Care Answers?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Summerof79, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

While it's clear that the GOP and their supporters always have lots and lots of questions about health care (unlike a trillion for Iraq) they don't ever seem to have any answers. Just questions and criticisms.

Will there ever be a decade where the Republicans have any answers relating to health care?

I mean really it's almost a joke the inability of the GOP to lead on this subject. Instead they want basically more of the same. They have PLENTY of time to address the concerns we are trying to address today, and that was before Bush and the GOP ****** up our economy because he believed that no regulation was good regulation.

now the GOP is doing more good work, asking lots and lots of questions, with lots and lots of criticism... basically devoid of any effective ideas. I am however very, very proud that some ideas that much have been percolating for years while in power are now trickling to the surface in the most disingnously way possible,

The GOP has run our country into the ground and now has no ideas how to right the ship, instead they would rather criticize and hope for political capital in 2010 and beyond. Too bad Gore did;t win in 2000. Our country would fiscally be SOOOOoooooo much better off today than it was with the GOP borrowing and spending to pay for everything for 8 years straight.

This about the country that the Bush/GOP inherited, and think of what they passed on. If you are honest you know who ****** up things. If you can do the most basic of math calculations.... yet the folks that steered the ship into the iceberg again and again now have lots of questions, and as always... no answers.

When will the GOP have some answers on healthcare? How many decades will it take for the GOP to come up with anything to improve our nations's healthcare?

2. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

Your democrat buddies (and their constituents) have just as many questions. It is telling that he is in campaign mode. He doesn't need republican support

Why does Congress get a pass for the last two years?

3. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

Democrats have been proposing health care reform since the Truman administration and Republicans have been undermining every attempt for at least as long.

4. Summerof79

Summerof79 2,500+ Posts

Why does the GOP get a pass for a quarter century Euro?

5. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

They don't and neither do democrats.

Why so bitter? Democrats are completely in control. Every agenda item is a slam dunk., Why do you care what republicans think? They can't stop anything. Healthcare should be passed by end of this month. Right?

6. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

7. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

8. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Rage de Jour......Bush Bush Bush Bush do I sound broken yet??????? Shocked there was no Palin reference.

Sorry that the Republicans are trying to guard my tax money instead of just letting it go down the drain.

I personnally have no problems with Healthcare and I don't have a need for personal change. I worked and received my educationa and job that provides Healthcare, I pay less than $300/year, including checkups.

Does the government run, Democrat sponsored Medicare and Medicaid need reform, hell yes. The government cannot successfully run healthcare it will be the ultimate cluser buerocratic nightmare that the federal government already,,,,,,,urg, I agree it is all Bush's fault, let's blame Palin too.....

9. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

If the Democrats in congress stepped up and OFFERED to use the same healthcare that they want to force on the population THEN MAYBE people would trust them...................[​IMG]

10. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

The GOP got senior prescriptions which the Dems talked about and talked about and never got done. The GOP has lots of proposals but none of them are getting any consideration whatsoever. So, what is your point Summer. If the Dems have a decent idea it will pass. There is nothing the GOP can do about it.. Nothing. So have at it. Destroy more of the economy. It is there for the destroying.

11. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

12. Sooner in Korea

Sooner in Korea 250+ Posts

Answers:

- We live in a meritocracy. Work harder if you don’t like your healthcare coverage.

- 'Free Healthcare' is not a right

- I already fund healthcare for the uninsured through federal grants to indigent care facilities……correction……my kids will fund these grants as my government cannot fund its current level of services.

- I already fund those that declare bankruptcy as the debt holders just add the overall costs to those customers that pay.

- If you don’t qualify for indigent care then stop buying IPODs and flat screens.

- Stay physically active; work out 5 times a week

- Eat a balanced diet; lots of fiber

13. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

14. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

C'mon Summer....while I don't expect much from our curremt President, I do expect more from WM posters. That's some weak sh** you posted up there.

Your boy laid an egg tonight and all you can di is drop by and thrown a stone at Rs. Again.....weak.

15. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

16. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

17. Octavian

Octavian 100+ Posts

To echo a couple others.....who cares what sort of answers the GOP does or doesn't have? Their leaders are numerically irrelevant.

If this bureaucratic bonanza doesn't pass....it will be because the leaders in the Democratic Party didn't pass it.

18. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

There is bipartisan opposition to the current plan that excludes members of congress and labor unions. yeah. it must be a swell bill.

19. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Why not have a plan that is better for everyone instead of worse for 70-80% while better for 10-15%? (the upper 5-10% will buy what care they need no matter what)

20. Ag with kids

21. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

22. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

23. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

24. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

25. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

a strong public option with a thriving private market as well.

yes, the private market is thriving because the state run solution is failing.

26. Gone To Texas

Gone To Texas 500+ Posts

The basic GOP "answer" is free market medicine (or something closer to it than what we have now). Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it's not an answer. I happen to think it's a good answer, and that's why I and many others align more closely with the GOP on this particular issue.

27. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

BHO did not have any answers last night either.

28. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i'm sorry if you want a free handout in every aspect of your life. i dont want to pay for your ****. since you like the free stuff mentality, you would probably do a lot better with the sooners to the north.

29. groverat

groverat 2,500+ Posts

30. Ag with kids