Will the MLB Network be on Time Warner?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by VacantlyOccupied, Dec 20, 2008.

1. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

As I sit here not watching the Cowboys tonight, 11 days from the launch of the MLB Network, I'm wondering whether it will be on Time Warner.

I had heard that it would be, as part of the regular digital tier, but I can't find anything about it now. Anybody know?

2. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

Are you serious?

Switch to DTV now if you want it.

3. HookemHrns03

HookemHrns03 100+ Posts

This thread says it will be on Time Warner. Apparently channel 198 in Dallas. I hope that's right. I've got TW Austin and would be pissed if I can't get it.

4. thadccab

thadccab 100+ Posts

two years ago when they were only going to have the mlb extra innings package only on directv, the cable companies got all up in arms about it. mlb negotiated that the cable companies could continue to offer mlb extra innings but they had to carry the mlb network when it came out. So I'm pretty sure you can expect to see it on time warner.

also according to their website

* MLB Network will launch in approximately 50 million homes as the largest network debut in cable history, exceeding any other cable television launch by approximately 20 million
    * MLB Network will be broadly distributed across 43 cable and satellite systems on expanded digital basic cable or the equivalent
    * MLB Network will be available on major systems including Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Time Warner, Charter, Cablevision and Verizon FiOS

5. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Channel 213 on Direct TV. Larsen's perfect game is on at 6 central time.

6. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

423 on Time Warner in Austin. Not in HD. [​IMG]

I can't say I'll watch it much, but I like the idea that it's there. Their plan for an all-evening studio show with scores and highlights during the season sounds interesting.

7. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Larsen's perfect game with Costas interviewing Berra and Larsen is way better than anything the NFL Network has ever done. By a light year.

Looks like they have hired a competent staff and have good programming. It's still too early to tell, but they may have done something right.

8. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

9. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I would have to say that the proverbial blind hog snared an acorn. So yes, bad hair Bud got one right.