Will you miss the NBA?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by EPThorn, Oct 18, 2011.

1. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

I love basketball, but love football a lot more and honestly dont care...now. However, i will be crying the day after March Madness ends.

2. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

If we lose 2-3 weeks, not really. If we lose the whole season, absolutely. However, as a Dallas fan it will be harder to miss this season than any other.

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Not a lot. I like some of the individuals in the league, but I don't necessarily care whether the owners or players take their collective heads out of their asses.

Owners need to quit whining that they don't make any money, because championships don't make any money. If you're in it for the money and not championships, then you might as well sell your team to some playboy billionaire so he can go have fun with it.

Players need to quit whining about mid level exceptions and soft caps. You're the idiots who took the contracts that were "shoved down your throats." And then you wonder why you're part of the cost-saving solution? Guys like David Lee and Mike Dunleavy shouldn't be making $10MM. If your players' association didn't anticipate that this would cause problems, you're paying dues to the wrong organization.

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

A little. I'm not into the NBA as much as I was in high school and early college, but it's still good filler when no other good sporting events are on. And I always enjoy the NBA playoffs.

But I won't be crying over a lost season.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I won't miss it in general, but as a Spurs fan who started following the Spurs in the disasterous 1997 season and thus has been around just long enough to see Tim Duncan's whole career, I'd really like to see as much as I can of these last couple of good years he has left.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

No, I dont even notice it until April, a shortened season would be fine.

7. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

8. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Not one bit. Most of my basketball watching is college anyway. I hope they go the entire year w/out playing - teach the thugs a lesson in humility.

9. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Whats the NBA? More time for the EPL.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Go Spurs Go! Let's bring home another asterisk!

11. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Will miss the playoffs. Maybe not the regular season.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!

12. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

As much as I like the Spurs it would be ok with me if they just canceled he whole season. I cannot understand the dumbness of it all. Surely the money lost by each player, if only half the season is canceled, will never be recouped in their entire career

13. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I'm a big Mavs fan and hell yes, I'll miss seeing them defend their title. Would love to see them play as defending champions.

14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as the greed factor on both sides is so high, no. The owners have no one to blame but themselves for the ridiculous money being paid to so many lesser skilled players. The players on the other hand generally haven't a clue what it takes to build and maintain a successful business enterprise.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

16. Horndale

Horndale 100+ Posts

Not at all.

17. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

I'll miss the NBA about as much as I will miss Texas A&M.

18. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Notoriously
    Bad
    Acting

No. I won't miss it at all.

19. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

Not really. I only follow the NBA after NCAA basketball ends.

20. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

YES! I have tickets to the Mavs-Bulls tomorrow night. The Finals MVP vs. the Regular Season MVP. Should be a great match-up. Looking forward to seeing the banner raised!

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

21. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

Yes.

I love the NBA.

The Skill level and the intensity is amazing to watch.

22. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

No.
    Basketball.
    Anyway.

23. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Nope, not one little bit.

24. Unques prist

Unques prist 250+ Posts

"The level of athleticism and the intensity in the playoffs is amazing to watch."

Revised to make sense.

25. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Please stay on strike all year, and next year too. Maybe they will quit gutting the college game. I never watch NBA, and I hope it dries up and blows away.

26. 88aero

88aero 250+ Posts

"Please stay on strike all year, and next year too. Maybe they will quit gutting the college game. I never watch NBA, and I hope it dries up and blows away."

And accuratehorn, is once again, accurate...and here's hoping the nfl does it too, and as soon as possible.

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Will I miss the what?

28. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Not missing the NBA at all right now. Between the NFL, CFB and watching the Dynamo in the MLS playoffs, I dont give a rats booty about the NBA.

29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

You mean the NBA should be playing now? I guess I'm not missing it.

30. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

The NBA? Nope.