Winning Time

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The Rise Of A Dynasty

I thought the first episode was pretty good. I grew up hating the Lakers but if it is anything close to how they started the rise I am impressed.

So far they make Jerry Buss out to be a driven guy who loves to have fun and has no idea what he's getting into flying by the seat of his pants. Magic and his family are good to the core and Jack Kent Cooke is a complete *** in every way. Surprisingly it shows Jerry West as an arrogant ***.

Can't wait to see the second episode.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Just finished episode 4 and learning quite a bit about the rise of the NBA. If this is remotely true the Lakers changed the NBA with the institution of the motion offense, the Laker girls, the exclusive Forum Club, etc.

Is it true Buss offered Jerry Tarkanian $750k to coach the Lakers when he was making $75k at UNLV? Would have been the highest paid coach in America. I guess the bigger questions is if Tarks friend got whacked by the mafia when Tark accepted the Laker job so he went back to UNLV? Apparently the mafia liked making money betting on Tark's teams at UNLV. I don't remember that.

3. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Sounds interesting. Available anywhere besides HBO Max? I have cable but do not and probably will not subscribe to any + or Max networks. Cheap (or frugal) bastard that I am.

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

So far I'm into it. It's only on HBO for now, but that might change once the series is done.