With Balbay Gone, Barnes Seeks Consistency

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Clendon, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Clendon

Clendon 100+ Posts

Hey folks. Wanted to point you in the direction of a free hoops story we recently posted, if you're interested.

With Balbay Gone, Barnes Seeks Consistency

Couple of interesting comments from Barnes, including:

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Early in the season it seems the consensus opinion was that Lucas would have assumed the starting PG spot before now. I certainly never anticipated him becoming the non-factor that he is.

3. IndyHorn

IndyHorn 250+ Posts

I'm fully under-whelmed by Lucas' game as a point guard. he surely plays like a 5 foot 10 shooting guard as best demonstrated in the Tech game by his going one-on-one on 3 on 1 break and getting his lay up swatted while two Horn big men were running alongside him and would have had dunks with a mere dump off. That was selfish play in the extreme there. I can see why Billy the Kid didn't need JL.

4. bentwookie

bentwookie 100+ Posts

"The 2010-2011 Texas men's basketball team hasn't had much to offer in the way of consistency, but one element that coach Rick Barnes knew he could count on each game was the defensive prowess and ball distribution of Dogus Balbay. But with Balbay now gone for the year with a torn ACL, it's back to the drawing board with just four games to go to the Big 12 Tournament."

Should be 2009-2010

5. Clendon

Clendon 100+ Posts

Oops. Got a little ahead of ourselves there. It's been corrected. Thanks for the heads up!