WNBA Longhorns

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Jul 21, 2020.

1. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ariel selected to participate in the All-Star 3-point Shooting Contest

• Like Like x 3
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

All kinds of Ariel pub today (from ESPN):

Which WNBA players will lead the league into the next generation? They've got next

Future multi-time champion: Ariel Atkins, Washington Mystics
    Sure, potential MVPs ought to be considered here, but countless players have demonstrated you don't need to take home the sport's top accolade to help teams win titles. After all, Rebekkah Brunson, who won a WNBA-record five championships, undoubtedly made her impact felt with the Sacramento Monarchs and Lynx despite never winning regular-season or Finals MVP. Atkins already has one title; she was a starter on the Mystics' 2019 championship squad, and is the sort of quiet star who seems destined to earn more rings in her future. The two-way threat -- who last year became the first WNBA player to be named to an all-defensive team each of her first four seasons in the league -- just earned her second All-Star nod and is fresh off her debut appearance for Team USA in the Olympics, where the Washington Post reported Bird and Stewart pleaded with coach Dawn Staley to give Atkins more playing time.

Also considered: Young players like Atkins who have already won a title have a leg up in this category. Azura Stevens, Chicago; Magbegor, Seattle

• Like Like x 2
  4. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Not today, Satan!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

What's interesting in this video is you have Baylor's Dijonai Carrington guarding Baylor's Didi Richard in which Texas's Joyner Jolmes blocks Didi's shot, and both Joyner and Didi played together at Cy Fair Elite.

6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

That can't be right. I was told by @xdxmmxchxxl that Joyner wasn't "pro" ready. Interesting.

8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Is she still not "pro" ready @xdxmmxchxxl?

9. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

She is averaging 2 pts on 37% shooting and looks absolutely lost most plays both offensively and defensively. She has an incredible amount of potential and probably displays that in practice but contributes very little on the floor both offensively and defensively, and by “pro” ready, I meant WNBA. I’m sure she did very well overseas against less talent.

That is my opinion and I seriously do not think I could care any less if you agree with it. We do not have to view things the same way, but I can express my opinion as can you without having to be called out. I am certainly not interested in changing yours, I mean we both know how uneducated I am after all.

Have a great night pal, I hope things get better for you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

But she's currently playing in the WNBA NOW. In a league that's very difficult to make a roster to begin with. So that kind of idiotic thinking goes out the window.

And it doesn't matter whether or not I agree with your opinion, in which you made a post sticking your chest out and basically trying to call me out, and gloating about it when she was cut before being re-signed.

The people whose job it is to make those decisions obviously disagree with your opinion. So, I hope that things get better for YOU.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm just glad to see Joyner going in a direction towards reaching her potential as a player. For some it happens instantly and for others it's more of a journey. Whatever the case, she's a talented athlete and I'm wishing her nothing but the best.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1